Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [LOCKED] Am i blocked from the Discord Server of TGC?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 13:39
Yesterday i was angry about TGC, the Community and the Future of App Game Kit. I voted AppGameKit Studio down on Steam and made a bad text on Steam about the product. (Meanwhile the text was deleted by myself and the voting too!) Also, yesterday i left the Discord Server because as i mentioned before, i had my bad 5 Minutes.

Today i see it different (not bright!) but different. So, i reinstalled AppGameKit Studio again and wanted to start from scratch with a more friendly minded behavior.

And now i see this:

I can't revisit the TGC Discord Server and i thought it has something to do with my rant from yesterday!

whether it has to do with the rant or not, i want to say a big SORRY to you all.

I hope i can come back as a normal member and i will not make problems anymore in this community.

Thank you!

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 14:23
Quote: "Am i blocked from the Discord Server of TGC?"

Yes

By your own admission, you have been trolling TGC at every available opportunity. So, yes, you have been banned from Discord by one of the moderators. It wasn't me but only because I was beaten to it.
You can keep this account for now and if you stop trolling there may be the opportunity to have your Discord account reinstated. However, if you continue to troll you will lose this account as well.

Hopefully you will take the first option and we can all continue keeping this a happy, family friendly place to share code and ideas.

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 15:10 Edited at: 20th Sep 2021 15:12
Quote: "we can all continue keeping this a happy, family friendly place to share code and ideas."

Amen to that, ban all the discord members and drive some traffic back to the forum, its like a ghost town round here recently!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 15:23 Edited at: 20th Sep 2021 15:24
@PartTimeCoder Haha thats funny but 80% right too because ( every post ) ( aprox watch 150 up ) and ( answe 2 or 3) . personally I feel forum is better than discord . I post some years ago to make a notification system else everything is ok .

anyways I post an error Please also see that post .
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 16:33
Quote: "Please also see that post ."

Sorry, Cant help, I cant even get it downloaded, I'll try again later

If its the Java SDK issue then its looking like a bug but probably just a local path issue, install the SDK in the root of your system drive is all I can suggest at this stage without being able to look myself, maybe the NDK is needed too?
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 16:43 Edited at: 20th Sep 2021 16:49
Quote: "I voted AppGameKit Studio down on Steam and made a bad text on Steam about the product"

i've un-deleted the steam thread because it contained valuable information that addresses anyone's concerns for the future of AGK:
Rick wrote: "Our game making tools AppGameKit Classic and AppGameKit Studio are cornerstones of our company’s success. We use AppGameKit extensively ourselves in our work on our #1 Driving Theory Test app. The future of both products have the full backing of the company. We have scheduled quarterly maintenance builds to ensure AppGameKit stays up to date with platform changes made by Apple and Google and to deal with core bugs and issues reported by the community. We will be releasing a new version later this month."

Quote: "Today i see it different (not bright!)"

i really do hope you and others can simply enjoy what AppGameKit offers without dwelling on any downsides, perceived or real.

meanwhile, threads and posts like yours of late (again, you're not the only one) that serve only to smear TGC and their products have become tiresome and bring the "rest of us" down (while also violating the AUP).

there's nothing wrong with healthy debate, comment, etc, but the trolling needs to stop.
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 22:18
Why do people use Discord when we have this forum? It is very quiet on here and Discord and any traffic is split between them. Occasionally the same questions are posted on both. Discord is also difficult to follow at times.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2021 22:29
@zaxxan,

i've come to embrace the AppGameKit discord. read, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

it has its pros and cons but i expect its here to stay.

meanwhile, locking this as it's served the OPs purpose, i suppose, and now inviting loosely-related chat
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 21:10:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 21:10:15