Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can we set the F1 button to jump to website help instead of on local C drive

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2021 18:20
Is there a way in CLASSIC to set the F1 button to jump to the web-site help instead of the local drive.
The local drive doesn't have the examples, and latest updates like the website has.

Thanks,
James
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2021 20:56
I'd like that, too. The internal help thing is neat, but it lacks both entire command sets and many of the examples.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2021 21:26
Update the help, not the software!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2021 01:36
F1 loads the html page "C:/Program Files (x86)/The Game Creators/AGK2/Tier 1/Help/home.html" I guess you could change that file to load the home page from the website
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2021 14:29
Depending on what function currently has focus, you would need to add a redirect to all pages, pretty much everything in the commands folder would need a javascript redirect

The examples are held in a database that only has local access rights so your local help files can not access them remotely, TGC need to update the help ripper tool to grab any function examples for the local help, but do not ever link local help to a remote system, what happens if the user has latency issues or a net blackout, dodgy router or bad reception.... the user can not access the help files, on mobile data, sure lets kane that data needlessly viewing remote help files ! ... so many reasons why this is a bad idea, like I said, update the help, not the software!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2021 14:35
Hmm, OK I understand that.
But when do we not have connectivity.

At least put a link on every page linking to the corresponding page on the website. That would solve it as well.......
Just a suggestion.

James
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2021 23:27 Edited at: 26th Sep 2021 23:29
Yeah, link to live page, why not, its the easy option.

You could write a small tool to automate that with any language you chose, just crawl the directory tree and add a link in a convenient place in the head using the filename as the key, piece of cake.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:00:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:00:01