Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2021 12:52
Hi could somebody please explain how to make a new line as some of my lines are very long . Could not find it in the documentation although I bet it's there somewhere.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2021 12:55 Edited at: 8th Oct 2021 13:04

?

ah, i now think you meant a new line in the IDE? i dont think you can in studio
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2021 15:23
Yes new continuing line. If not it is not too important not a deal breaker. Would be nice though .
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2021 19:10
My mate has a serious 80 character OCD some C++ function calls take up 20 lines and he got a 4k monitor but a C64 mindset lol

The only time I miss this feature is when defining long strings, shaders and such, myVar+ functionality would alleviate some of the need for new line concatenation but not all of it.

It could probably help to add that we only need concatenation inside function calls and literal strings, maybe arrays too, there is already a check in place in the compiler that looks for a close character to any open character used so catching a CR/LF/CRLF actually already happens it just needs its own case to grab the text from the next line and incorporate it into the current context until a close character is found or any other error it already checks for, rather than rewriting the entire parser to support concatenation.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2021 21:31
On the whole it does not matter but my Raycast code has very long lines of code and it is a pain editing them . Do I take it this cannot be done?
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2021 11:49
I decided to see how much could be put on one line and stopped at about 5 widths maybe it just keeps going on . I think I might put this in the suggestions thread as it would be convenient for everybody.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2021 13:49
I know Scintilla caps out at around 4k characters per line and will push the rest onto a new line, not sure how this is interpreted by the script engine I know Lua handles it OK but new line concat is a standard feature so ...

imagine debugging a 4k character line of bugs!, no thanks lol
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2021 11:05
Yes indeed it would be a nightmare. Maybe TGC didn't think it was important to include this however I'm surprised it wasn't . Not to worry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:11:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:11:37