Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Hands On AppGameKit Book Volume 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2021 17:20
I've just updated Volume 1 of the AppGameKit book. The biggest change is the addition of a set of functions to help automate keeping the top scores of a game played on a single device. As usual the update is free to anyone who has previously bought the book directly from Digital Skills. To claim your copy email requesting your free upgrade to sales@digital-skills.co.uk giving your original order reference number (if you don't have that, give your name and the approx date of purchase and we'll find you in our records). It may take us a few days to handle all of the requests.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2021 18:28
Quote: "automate keeping the top scores of a game played on a single device"

Oh dang!

I am in the middle of writing a "How To" on the same subject, PHP+SQL+Tier1, is this what you cover in your book?
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2021 19:08
No, no, you're quite safe to continue. My top-score stuff is device based. It won't pick up scores from multiple sources. It's just Tier1 stuff and simple file handling, no server-side coding.
Mikko
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 10:25 Edited at: 13th Nov 2021 10:31
Hi Alistair.

Can one get discount for the new renditions of your books if one have bought AppGameKit classic DLC version "AGK tutorial guide #1" and old version of book2 directly ?

Mikko
mikko_ketonen( )hotmail.com
Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 15:25
Hi Mikko,

If you bought volumes 1 and 2 from TheGameCreators or through Steam, you can have both of the latest volumes for the price of a single volume. Just send proof of your original purchase (to sales@digital-skills.co.uk) and pay for the new volume 1 on our website (www.digital-skills.co.uk) and we'll send you download links for both volumes. All later editions will be available for free.

Alistair
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2021 21:57
Quote: "No, no, you're quite safe to continue."

Ag cool, its on the shelf for now but I will get it done, thanks
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply