Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / SetSkyBoxHorizonColor() : bug

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2021 10:17 Edited at: 11th Nov 2021 12:56
HI

Is the function SetSkyBoxHorizonColor() buggued ?
Because, when I try SetSkyBoxHorizonColor(160,160,200), I think I should get a middle blue color, but I have a red color. It's not the color I would like, even if I try other colors, I never have the colors I want. Or the behavior isn't logical, kind of mixing color with SetSkyBoxColor() maybe ?

EDIT : add the image to understand the result.
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2021 15:56
Hey Blendman, I saw your game tools over at the PB forums (that is you, right?), some nice stuff there

I am sure this was addressed before and the answer from Paul was "it mixes the color", I'll look at the source when I get home.

That skybox really needs a cubemap system, just a thought.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2021 23:29
Hey Blendo. Nice to see you're still about. Maybe you might be interested in the Tower Defense compo

On the skybox thingy; I stopped using skyboxes when i found out it adds about 8k polys to my scene.

Isn't the blue at the top of the image you posted the color you want?
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2021 12:16 Edited at: 12th Nov 2021 12:21
Hi

Quote: "I am sure this was addressed before and the answer from Paul was "it mixes the color", I'll look at the source when I get home."

Ah, ok ! The color for skybox are "mixed". So we cant change it as we want like we do with rgb() ^^.

ok .

Quote: "I saw your game tools over at the PB forums (that is you, right?), some nice stuff there"

Yes, I have made several tools for game or to create 2D images (bitmap, vector, sprite animation....).
Almost of my code are open-source on github

Quote: "Hey Blendo. Nice to see you're still about. "

Hi Blinkok

Yes I continue to work on my games, with this fabulous tool which is AppGameKit !

Quote: "Maybe you might be interested in the Tower Defense compo"

Oh, I have created a cool tower defense (towerbots), but I don't thing I could use it in the competition ^^. Because it's too good lol (And I have made it before)..

Quote: "Isn't the blue at the top of the image you posted the color you want?"

Not it's red ^^.
The blue is made with SetSkyboxColor().

But there is no matter, I re-use my tool AGE3D to create my skybox and it works great in fact ^^.

Cheers !
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:15:43
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:15:43