Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Scenes, Just not working

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2021 22:53 Edited at: 11th Nov 2021 22:55
is anyone else having problems in Studio with scenes, I went through the motions and deleted the settings folder and still, its hit and miss if the scene is created and when it is the code cant find it

This really is getting beyond annoying!

Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2021 23:06
The scene file is empty, it shows a full script in the editor but the file contains no data, on preview script files are saved but scene files are not, why?

So yeah saving the file first then preview works, anypreview after than and the file does get saved, when its created no data is generated or saved, you have to literally add something to the scene, save it then Studio will do what its supposed to!

Reproduce:

1. Create a new project
2. Add a scene (do nothing else with the scene)
3. Include the scene and call the setup function in main.agc
4. Run the project

Results?
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2021 17:26
Yes I need to add something to the scene before it gets linked to the project properly for some reason, not sure that was happening before as I think I've always added something to see if it was working.

I know there are issues with scenes if you are working off a cloud drive, the compiler will fail showing two different folder paths for read/write one is the Program Files folder for AppGameKit and other is the proper project folder. So might be related to AppGameKit working in the Program Files path for the scene editor until something gets added to said scene and a link gets written in the background?

Either way good to know must add something to the scene to get the link working correctly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:21:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:21:09