Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / [Tier2] Orbit Camera Class

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2021 14:56 Edited at: 14th Nov 2021 15:01
I have started porting my code over to C++ and as with everything I code I make modular libs everywhere I can, so here is the first of many hopefully

Its a basic camera class that allows you to setup and use the camera to orbit an object or a position (the joys of overloaded functions and encapsulation) and includes raycasting for object selection

Camera.h

Camera.cpp

And a usage example:

C++ can be pretty complex and daunting when you first look at it but it really isn't that bad once you get a grip with the basics and there is a wealth of information out there on the dos and don'ts

Why use C++ ? ... in a empty project with unrestricted FPS (set to 0) I see 100 frames pre second more in Tier2 than Tier1 on my laptop, that's how much Basic eats, need I say any more?

I am no C++ guru and I am still learning a lot myself so if YOU can improve on my code or have any pointers for me then please don't hold back.

I got some cool stuff in the works, watch this space

Visual Studio can be downloaded here: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/

TGC recomend 2015, 2019 works to, I have not tried 2022 yet, the project templates are already in your AppGameKit install under "Tier2"... Have Fun
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2021 05:46
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply