Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FREE Energy Weapon Vickers platform total conversion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2021 00:57 Edited at: 15th Nov 2021 08:28
I turned the Vickers into an energy weapon.
You can use it for whatever you like but it's already going into my game.
I uploaded this for an example of what you can do by just modifying the stock weapons files. Like I said, use it for whatever you like, but your fingernails will turn pink, just a warning

By examination of the hierarchy of this file and it's contents you should be able to figure out how to do this yourself, or even make changes to my crude modification thus tweaking it, or even doing something else more radical
I also attached a readme for you. It explains everything.

The whole weapon conversion is only 9 megabytes and doesn't overwrite your original gun.

See the video I have attached of the gun in action.

You can download the conversion from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5kNBRc8gK7WurKbP2luPSSOUz2cwgcq/view?usp=drivesdk

Things I plan to improve:
Blue Explosion effect needs to be somewhat transparent
Projectile needs to move faster and be brighter.
Projectile needs to move a little more to the left, it's leaving the barrel and hitting a little too far to the right, and I don't know how to line this up or how to speed up the projectile.
The projectile is made up of two billboards facing away from each other, I think I must have set the texture map on the rear billboard to alpha map instead of detail map. I made it up of two billboards so you should see the projectile coming toward you when fired upon by someone with this weapon
Actress/model/musician/ & now a game dev

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 15th Nov 2021 10:15
Super cool Solara, it shoots flak now Lol, awesome!
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I really like this thing
With all the machine guns available for fpsc I just thought it was a waste of a really good model to have the Vickers be just another machine gun that wasn't even very good at being a machine gun
Actress/model/musician/ & now a game dev

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:47:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:47:46