Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Help needed with dynamic spawning

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2021 19:54 Edited at: 16th Nov 2021 22:09
Update. Apparently I have some other problem. I need to go back and check my scripts because I just tried with the zombie and it works just fine. Sorry for the unnecessary post.
But for anyone else, make sure you use destroy and activate.
Update, still not a reliable spawn with any appear script. Guys stuck in the ceiling, invisible, some not even appearing. Only seems to work in an empty map of floor tiles

Example: if I use Colonel X and set his activate used to Aiko, and then go into the test game , if I kill Colonel X Aiko appears no problem. The problem generates whenever I have Colonel X, and name him "1" within the editor, and if I put another instance of Colonel X in there and name him "2" within the editor, when I kill 1, and 2 appears he will never run his script, he just stands there and has no collision. Can't even shoot him. Is there any way to use the same Colonel X for 1 & 2, and say maybe up to ten? Or do I absolutely have to use a different enemy for each spawn triggered?? I tried this with 1-10, after I killed the first one they all came in and just stand there, with no collision
Actress/model/musician/ & now a game dev
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2021 22:36
Naaa, something else is wrong. What/which version are you using?
I'll do some testing .
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 06:55 Edited at: 17th Nov 2021 07:02
I'm using v 1.20. I don't know maybe it's my computer, but even on my fast computer I was having this problem. I had it going smoothly earlier up to bad guy 4, until I died, then everyone appeared with no collision. But to get them to work up until bad guy 4 I had to put them in an area with a high ceiling.
I just named them 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15
15, activated by 14, 14 by 13, 13 by 12, 12 by 11, 11 by 10, 10 by 9, 9 by 8, and so on
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
The only way I can get a reliable spawn is to let the enemies be active from the start
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 10:16 Edited at: 17th Nov 2021 10:18
Solara Now I'm using BIM v10.8 so may be different. I tested with 5 Colonel X named 1,2,3,4,5 #1 spawns at start of test, 2-5 spawn after being activated when previous one died ( Spawn at Start = No) that's it.
I used appear2, chase10 has the shoot script in it already, so a shoot script isn't needed, and finally the death script which "also" activates the next character. works perfectly

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 17:34 Edited at: 17th Nov 2021 17:39
Thanks.
It's interesting. My installation doesn't contain the fadecorpse_activateused.fpi script, only the destroy & activate script. Did you write it?
I'll try them out. Really wondering if my scripts are the same.

"Spawn at start =no. That's it"
This works without setting spawn after delay to yes?

"Chase10..." I'm wondering now if I have conflicting shoot scripts causing this, because I have a shoot script in the shoot script section
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2021 22:34 Edited at: 17th Nov 2021 22:36
Yes, I just took the fadecorpse.fpe and added activeifused=x that's all
Quote: "because I have a shoot script in the shoot script section"

That's fine, as long as they work together, but you really don't need both if you can script well.
( it can get confusing at times if your not aware which script is doing what and you just drop them in )
The command "shootplr" runs the "shoot script" 'so as to say. But it's not really needed ( the shoot script that is )
The Main Ai script can contain all the needed commands if you know how to "piece" it all together
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2021 00:23 Edited at: 18th Nov 2021 00:39
I tried using darkAi again, without a shoot script, and while it works out fine, number 2 keeps floating around without collision, and walking through walls,
and also some of my floor segments, especially the stairs, keep having these weird, pixelated rainbow textures, I'm beginning to think I am on the verge of a second GPU failure, and if that's the case then why am I killing GPUs? I think this software is killing GPUs, hope I'm wrong.

Also, when I add an enemy, regardless of how many, or what script I use, my decent frame rate goes through the floor. And I already made my level a lot smaller than it was.
1 enemy seems to be maxing out my entity logic, if I kill him, it's back to normal.

I'm reverting back to version 1.0 , and if it will open my map and load everything I'll see where I'm at. It was weird that no matter how I set up my setup.ini my test games always seem to have random light mapping and texture resolution. Also, whenever I run the cleaner, even if I run it multiple times back to back, It always finds the exact same bin and dbo files
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2021 10:43
First, number 2 sounds drunk, he needs to sober up. Lol
Quote: "keep having these weird, pixelated rainbow textures"

By chance, have you installed dx9 drivers yet?
Quote: " maxing out my entity logic"

That sound mostly like a scripting issues/looping. Double check your scripts.
Sometimes it's hard to find/see little errors.
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, number 2 is definitely on something. Lol
& Yes or I guess I installed dx9 drivers, I had to install directx9c to get it to open. Doesn't this take care of that? It wasn't doing it at first, it just started, was working fine, and If I make a level of just floor tiles the enemies work as intended.
Is entity logic processed by the GPU or the CPU? Because if it's processed through the GPU then another failing GPU might explain all of this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:41:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:41:55