Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Throw Back Effect

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to put this? I would like to know if its possible for a throw back effect, like when a grenade goes off it throws back the player when hurt, can this be done with a script? thanks
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 03:03 Edited at: 28th Nov 2021 03:23
Quote: "Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to put this? I would like to know if its possible for a throw back effect, like when a grenade goes off it throws back the player when hurt, can this be done with a script? thanks"

I'm not sure, but if you have the syntax list there are commands that will force the player to move, since the grenade is flak, you could possibly add the command codes to the flak script, you'll need commands something like forceplayertomove=X if playerwithin=10
so maybe create a custom destroyscript like this:

Change the destroy.fpi script within the grenades flak script to the new destroy script you created. This code will be it's own script, dont put the code actually into the flak script, only the name of the new destroy script goes in there.
I think all this may be backwards, idk play around with switching states around, it might work. You can also create and alter any of the effects in the effectbank, but this is still all a little over my head. Hope it helps

UPDATE: I'm not sure exactly how flak is destroyed actually, as i just looked at the flak spec and it doesnt seem to have a destory or an addhealth command in there, need someone more experienced to chime in.
It might need to go in a custom destroy script attacted to the grenade ammo entity bank file, but this might trigger the explosion when you pick up the grenades, could be a way to make landmines at least
Actress/model/musician/ & now a game dev
Nicolaas
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for responding! I actually meant is it possible to get thrown back when hit by a zombie, using the same effects as a explode entity or a grenade, forcing the player to loose life and getting thrown around. thanks
SolaraV
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2021 20:24 Edited at: 28th Nov 2021 20:26
you should be able to do that by adjusting the Zombies "physics force" value, or maybe "physics friction" or "weight"
Actress/model/musician/ & now a game dev
Nicolaas
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, I will try that
Nicolaas
Years of Service
User Offline
this is what throws back the player, unfortunately this is not on the character settings
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 18:16
Nicolaas That is the amount of damage that entity causes to other entities and/or the player.
If you want the player to be thrown and/or pushed backwards when that entities explodes, try using
the command plrforcemove=x along with "triggerforce=x" That will push the player back by how how
"forcemove" you use. Together with the trigger force should give you a nice effect

best
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:22:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:22:58