Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Windows 7 Pro - Intel / AMD - Sprites appear as Yellow Boxes / Depth Inversion?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2021 17:22
Hi All,

Just a quick question,

I decided to install AppGameKitStudio on one of my Laptops, which has the Intel i5 Chipset.

I copied over a 2D project I was working on from my main dev PC, which has an AMD chipset.

Compiled and Run on the intel laptop - the game runs fine, but the majority of the sprites are missing, filled yellow boxes appear where "some" sprites were placed.

As the main background is displayed, I swapped the z ordering and a few things started to appear..

Question: Has anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks in advance.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 07:15
i know we shouldn't pile too many sprites on top of each other but have never experienced (nor heard of) what you describe.

are you using blendmodes or ? can you provide a small code example that causes the issue?
Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 10:54
Hi,

I'm not displaying a large amount of sprites, nor using blend modes - it would appear to be a Depth inversion.

For example, I set my background as 20 ( far back ) and then add different layers up to 0.

Works fine on my AMD Windows 7 Pro development PC, but the same project on an intel laptop ( running windows 7 Pro )
seems to exhibit this 'inverted' behaviour.

I've added 2 screen captures, one from my AMD setup - the other from the intel laptop.

Both running the same project code.

Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 10:59 Edited at: 5th Dec 2021 11:07
AMD ..

intel

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 14:57 Edited at: 5th Dec 2021 15:01
have you tried
or
on the intel?

ie, are you forcing Vulkan on a non-Vulkan machine, perhaps?

just trying to help until some real help arrives

meanwhile, i'll move this to studio chat where it isn't necessarily a windows-only thing that you're contending with and it might get a few more eyes on it there.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2021 15:13
Vulkan has lots of issues on Intel chips, I'd say its a safe bet.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 01:21
Thanks for the response and feedback, appreciated.

Have just tried both #Renderer " " examples and still the problem exists.

Initally thought it was a DirectX problem, as 9.0c is the correct one for Windows 7 ( apparently ).

But wasn't that

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 01:58
well, how about graphics drivers, etc? update to WIN 10/11 (is that still free for WIN7?) ?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2021 14:07
I installed Windows 10 on 3 laptops over the last week and all activated fine using my MS account, if you already have a licence and a MS account then you can install without a product key, if the upgrade manager in Win7 says no, use the media creation tool to prep a thumb drive and boot from that, on install click "I don't have a product key" and login to your MS account when asked, it will activate as soon as you connect to the internet.

You must only install the version you currently have a licence for, I am on 3 devices and counting, no issues.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2021 02:21
Hi,

Thanks for all the comments.

Windows 10 is not an option, nor a path I'd like to go down - was more a curiousity as to why it simply didn't work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:04:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:04:19