Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Help with Game Dev (Options,Commands)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2021 04:53 Edited at: 26th Dec 2021 05:50
Hello all, I am developing an FPS game with the FPS Creator X9 Engine with Black Ice Mod support. I have been developing this game for over a year now but I am not ready to reveal the title yet until I release a trailer. I have used the engine's limitations to my advantage and have been successful. I even have a publisher considering my game. But, I have ran into two walls. My first wall is I want my game menu to have a GUI Options menu so the people who play my game can adjust visual settings.

Here is the best example of what I am looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbaD7dtpZXc

The options menu was made by a Russian man named Nikita Koshelev. While his Patreon is still active, trying to contact him gives me a 404 error and he hasn't uploaded anything in 3 years. He doesn't even offer the options menu or how to do it on patreon. He does reference GUI-X9 but is that even active anymore? Does GUI-X9 have an options menu or a tutorial for one? I did see some people on here recommend Vishnu Packer but does that for sure offer an options menu that is similar to the one presented above? I hope someone can provide a clear answer on this since people like adjusting options for their game.

My other wall I've ran into is lack of a console command menu in FPS Creator. As far as I can tell, no progress has been made on this feat. I couldn't find anyone who's done this. I want a console command menu like in Quake 2 for example for my fps creator game but I don't know how to put something like that into my game.

I love this engine and I hope y'all can help me out with all of this. Looking forward to the responses.

P.S. The options menu is a bigger priority than the console commands menu.
Nathan Smith, Game Designer at Maccabean Software
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 26th Dec 2021 21:56
i remember someone put a script for the options menu over at the FPSC discord server, you can ask around there, now about the developer console like quake 2, i'm afraid that's not possible without modifying the engine itself
taking a break from fpsc for now
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2021 12:45
Nathan Smith That options video came from this posting awhile back...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214030
hukuta94 is still active at the Fpsc Discord
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
Nathan Smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2021 07:13
Thanks for the responses. It helped out. I will let you know if that post you linked to works out for me ncmako. If nothing works, I can always go on the fpsc discord.
Nathan Smith, Game Designer at Maccabean Software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:48:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:48:07