Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Amazing one handed clock app to aid creativity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2022 15:27 Edited at: 8th Feb 2022 15:32
To aid my creativity I have created a 'One-Hand' 24 hour clock to display on my desktop.

What is a 'one-hand' 24 hour clock I hear you ask !

Here is a clip from a website that sells these ( very expensive ) watches . . .

`A 24 hour one-hand watch allows you to see the entire day in one view and experience time in natural way. This fundamentally changes the way you look at your watch and it will give you a much better consciousness about the progression of your day.'

The idea is that you get more stuff done because your day is counting down ( only by one hand ) until the day has run out.

I was looking for an app and couldn't find one ( either free or not quit what I was looking for ) so I created my own in half a day with AGK.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to keep it above ( on top of ) all other windows, but I find it very useful to aid my work flow and creativity etc.

Feel free to tinker with the code etc.

Hope it helps all you amazing devs in your creativity.

Enjoy.

Amazing creations start with a Fuzzy Vision
Dave - Creator, Developer and Visionary
Fuzzy Visions
Creative Magic Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2022 15:39
The TimeHour$ string is not used and ( as you can see ) the for next loop is commented out. These were just for testing. Remove the comments and play around to see the hand wiz round etc.

Also the hand does not go inbetween the hours, but I am sure someone can tweek it for mor accuracy is they wish.
Fuzzy Visions
Wizard Ranch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2022 18:48 Edited at: 8th Feb 2022 18:49
It's a cool idea!
If you could use it as a widget on your phone, or as a Lock Screen Clock, I would probably be ready to buy it on Google Play Store.
Creative Magic Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2022 19:31 Edited at: 8th Feb 2022 19:32
Thank you for your lovely comments 'Wizard Ranch'.

There is already a few on the Google play store.
But most are free with ads etc.

At least we have one to tinker with on here now
Fuzzy Visions
Wizard Ranch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2022 19:36 Edited at: 9th Feb 2022 20:17
Sure thing!

Here I created quickly the version where the hour hand goes inbetween the hours. It's only 3 additional lines or so to add to your already working code, so it was quickly done

linuxluvuback
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2022 03:18
Quote: "Here is a clip from a website that sells these ( very expensive ) watches . . ."

Don't see the clip but are you referring to Botta? I've got an Uno24! Sadly I wasn't able to get it running again after a battery replacement.

I ended up reproducing it with a custom face on my galaxy smart watch, which is cool and gives it all the extra features of a smart watch... but it isn't quite the same.

I really enjoy the whole concept of one hand 24 hour dials, and working off a looser concept of rounding of time
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2022 21:10
Nice might compile a version for my desktop
-EdzUp
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/EdzUp
Buy me a coffee:https://www.buymeacoffee.com/EdzUp

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 07:50:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 07:50:50