Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How would we save a website as a text file in App game kit?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2022 22:31
I have a project I'm trying to port to app game kit, that downloads a website and saves it as a text file, I've tried all the examples but none have worked to actually fetch a website and save the html off as a textfile, so please help if it can be done. If not the app game kit team you need to add a command to allow us to use the browser or whatever to fetch a website then have a command to save it off as a textfile. I've tried the examples using google maps to save a map file as a png but this will not work for a website itself and saving the html as a text file...

for example:
sourcehtml.txt
[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
[PKE] Of All The Things I\'ve Lost..[PKE]
[PKE] I Miss My Mind The Most! [PKE]
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 00:15 Edited at: 15th Feb 2022 00:22
Quote: "I've tried all the examples"

what am i missing?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 00:23
Thank you sooooo much, you know it was working before, I just didn't know that there was another agkapps folder under the local folder... Thank you when you did the click to open then I hit save as and it took me to the folder and my other html.txt file I tried to save before was in there too.. It was in a completely different folder from my project folder, I didn't know it created this other directory.

Anyways sorry to bother you, but I am happy you posted this..

Thanks,

Appprrrrrreeeeeeeshhhh!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 00:25
not a problem was wondering if you wanted something else but sounds like you're set.
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2022 00:30 Edited at: 15th Feb 2022 00:33
Thank you this will work perfectly for an app I already have done in C#, now I can re-write the whole thing in AGKStudio and even test it using the player while working on it,

Thanks man,

I appreciate it fully, more than you know.

Ken aka StOrM3

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:07:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:07:26