Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / in-app Purchase for pc games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a good way?

I play a poker game that connects online and you can make in game purchases right from the game on my pc/

I would like to try to do something similar.

Any advice?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2022 13:40 Edited at: 17th Feb 2022 13:52
You can only make in apps with Android and iOS. You might be able to write server scripts that would manage payments via PayPal that would send a successful payment flag to your server, which you can then use to trigger an in app in your game, but you'd also have to check that the payment service allows it. Most probably wouldn't let you take payments for a gambling game for example.

You are kind of restricted to iOS and Android if you want to release a game that has in apps.

One of the main reasons why my ChastiKey app was never released on Windows or Mac (aside from the hassle of redesigning it for landscape view) was not being able to find a payment service that I could use and that customers would also trust using. Being an adult themed app meant popular ones like PayPal probably wouldn't allow it.
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You are kind of restricted to iOS and Android if you want to release a game that has in apps."

Thank you for your answer.

I thought of a good way.

To have many different add on's for the game that a link opens to the add on downlead to purchase.

Then after the payment they can download the add on and it installs into the game directory.

Other then this I would like to know how they did it.

go look at governor of poker 3, they do exactly this, you can buy all there content in the game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:44