Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] media folder contents not showing up

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
in the Scene Creator IDE. Media sits there looking empty at the bottom of the IDE. I tried making a brand new project in a different folder, but the same thing, no images or anything in media. The scene creator looks amazing, and would really speed up my next project, but no use if I cannot see the tiles and sprites I want to use. I'm running on Ubuntu 20.4 btw

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2022 15:49 Edited at: 19th Mar 2022 15:50
you've tried both the Refresh button/tab in the media pane (bottom center) and Refresh Files on the media folder in the project pane (Right-click the media folder), i assume?
DewarInversion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2022 08:06 Edited at: 20th Mar 2022 08:07
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Only way to update studio media folders if on windows, is to restart AGK. This also is the same if you externally edit a png then try a reload, it loads the cached image not the file image, again, need AppGameKit restart to sort.
ThePict
Years of Service
User Offline
DewarInversion. This is the answer, thanks. I was tearing (what little remains) my hair out trying refresh buttons, making sure the images were ok etc. Just switch it [AGKS] off and on again. Seems a bit clunky, but it works!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:29:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:29:08