Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Having Issues exporting clean APK or AAB files on Windows 10 ? Then do this !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2022 07:33 Edited at: 17th May 2022 07:38
Good day to all,

For a few days now, I've been having serious issues with exporting clean and working AAB and APK files from AGKC and particularly AGKS on Windows 10. The sort of issues I was having included:

1) APK files failing to install on Android devices.

2) AAB files crashing on start up

3) Jarsigner errors

If you're having similar issues, then please do the following:

1) Uninstall ALL versions of JDK from your system.

2) Once you've done this, Go online and download jdk-17.0.3.1 from this website: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/jdk17-archive-downloads.html

3) Install it, and set your system and user account environmental variables to the JDK path: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-17.0.3.1\bin

4) Download AGKS version V2021.12.06 (Please note that this is the version that is working perfectly for me on Win 10. You are free to try other versions of AGKS). Install it.

5) Restart your computer.

6) Load up AGKS and export your APK and transfer it to your device, install it and it should work (Just tested a working APK and it was absolutely fine.)

7) Remember to add the JDK path to the export dialog box, which will be the same path as you have entered in the environmental variables.

What was the problem ?

My investigation shows that the latest version of JDK (18.0.1.1) is most likely the issue.
If you avoid this version for now, you should be fine.

Thanks
Sh4d0xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2022 09:04
UPDATE

It seems all exported APK files are working fine (Tested on Kindle 10 HD), but AAB files are still crashing on start up via the Google Play store.

So I will be testing the same version of JDK (17.0.3.1) with a different version of AGKS to see what happens.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 10:02:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 10:02:09