Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / GetRawTouchCount() and Screen Gestures Issues

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 21st May 2022 13:04
Has anyone else had an issue with GetRawTouchCount()? If I touch my screen with one finger it registers 1 and goes back to zero if I remove my finger, If I touch my screen with two fingers it registers 2 and goes back to zero if I remove my fingers but if I touch my screen with three fingers it registers 2 and stays at 2 if I remove my fingers. If I then touch my screen with one finger it changes from 2 to 3 and goes back to 2 when my finger is removed. This basically then locks my game up. The only way I can get it back to zero is to force close. Can anyone test this for me please. It might be a device specific issue. When this happens it also messes up the values returned by GetRawFirstTouchEvent() and GetRawNextTouchEvent(). Update, I have found that if I disable the Gesture shortcut 'slide 3 fingers down to take screen shot' it then works ok. It looks like it is an incompatibility between screen gestures and agk. I can't really ask people to turn off getsures though to play my games! Does anyone know away around this?
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2022 13:37
I've tested it with my Android phone and it works fine for me. My Motorola does not seem to have "Screen Gestures" like your phone though so I'm not sure what brand of phone you are using, but I can confirm that three simultaneous screen touches doesn't mess up on my device
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th May 2022 10:19 Edited at: 26th May 2022 10:21
Hi, thanks for the response. It only seems to be a problem if a phone specifically has a 3 finger gesture for taking screen shots. I've no idea how many phones would be affected by this though. My phone and my wife's phone are different model phones from the same manufacturer and both have this problem. Both phones are running Android 12. If I disable the 3 finger gesture my app then works fine on them.

I also have a Note 9 running Android 10, it doesn't have any 3 finger gestures and that works fine as well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:25:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:25:22