Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Help for Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've recently moved from AGK2 to AppGameKit Studio and I'm having a big problem with the help. I am Spanish and I don't know English. With AGK2 I marked a command and pressing F1 opened the help in the browser and translated it directly into Spanish. With AppGameKit Studio that is not possible because it opens the help in the IDE itself without being able to translate it.
Is there any way to fix this problem. It could be implemented that having the help window closed in the IDE, when requesting the help it would open in the browser as in AGK2.
For me this is absolutely essential if I want to continue programming.
A greeting.
Jose Bravo Sanchez "Bravolta Games"
PS: Sorry for the English, I'm using the Google translator.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2022 16:13 Edited at: 28th May 2022 18:48
we asked for that a long time ago but it hasn't happened: https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/760.

it's unfortunate since it should be simple for TGC to give us the option for F1 to direct to the HTML/browser view or IDE since studio pulls Help from the existing HTML files found in the AppGameKit Studio\media\Help directory which is what i suggest you use, instead.

obviously, that renders F1 useless and causes you to have to copy/paste into the search field (which you could also use here: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/search.html) but at least you could translate using the existing Google Translate functionality in the pages themselves.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2022 08:18
This is one of the main reasons I don't use Studio as the lack of F1 html help really hinders me. The other main reason is the gimmicky IDE random colour selector thing that seems incapable of settings any colours that actually work together and that I like. Why they can't just make it fully user configurable I don't know.
BravoltaGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I don't understand why they have eliminated such an important and necessary feature for all of us who unfortunately don't know English and there are many of us in the world. Since the program, the tutorials, the manuals and the help are not translated into other languages at least, using the browsers with translators we could manage. Also, it is not that you have to implement something new, it is simply to maintain what the AGK2 program already incorporated. The examples that clarified the operation of the commands have also been lost.
Please, would you be so kind as to reset the HTML help with F1.
Thanks.
All the best
Bravolta.

Pues no entiendo porque han eliminado una característica tan importante y necesaria para todos los que por desgracia no sabemos inglés y que en el mundo somos muchos. Ya que el programa, los tutoriales, los manuales y la ayuda no están traducidos a otros idiomas por lo menos, utilizando los navegadores con traductores nos podíamos ir arreglando. Además no es que tengais que implementar algo nuevo, simplemente es mantener lo que ya incorporaba el progra AGK2. También se han perdido los ejemplos que nos aclaraban el funcionamiento de los comandos.
Por favor, serian tan amables de reponer la ayuda HTML con F1.
Gracias.
Un saludo
Bravolta.
BravoltaGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgive me for insisting, but I would like some moderator or programmer to comment on whether it is planned in future revisions to solve this problem, which for many is essential.
Thank you so much.

Perdonar que insista, pero me gustaria que algun moderador o programador comentara si está previsto en próximas revisiones, solucionar este problema que para muchos es imprescindible.
Muchas Gracias.
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 6th Jun 2022 23:53
If you have experience writing programs in other programming languages, you could write an interception of pressing the f1 button when the studio window is active, copy the selected text to the clipboard and open the search page with the inserted text from the clipboard.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2022 12:23 Edited at: 8th Jun 2022 12:23
Hmm, not a bad idea. I'm going to try writing a VB.net program that starts studio and then monitors the F1 key. It would be far better if this was an option in Studio though. I'm sure this would be a simple feature to add.
BravoltaGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Haxxan, it would be great if you could do it. Many of us would be eternally grateful to you.
Thanks.

Haxxan, seria estupendo que pudieras hacelo. Muchos te estaríamos eternamente agradecidos,
Gracias.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2022 19:08 Edited at: 9th Jun 2022 21:13
try this:

make sure to set HelpDIR$ to your own.

meanwhile, no F1 functionality. it simple monitors the clipboard and directs to the help file for any command it finds.

so, double-click a command in the IDE then CTRL-C should trigger.

i don't know how useful the Online help reference is (in addition to the fact that not all Studio-only commands ARE found in the online help, if any) but threw it in there anyway )

also, i believe madbit's (WIN only) FileExplore has a KeepOnTop() function to keep FindHelp above the rest. i could try implementing if anyone wants it.

i also thought about filling the Commands array and saving/reloading it vs repopulating it each launch but this way we're sure it's as current as can be if we see additional commands?

regardless, feel free to alter the code to suit your desires and share if you add functionality.

probably a smarter version:

polls once per second and requires click to launch (vs launching every time the clipboard changes )
BravoltaGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Virtual Nomad. First of all thank you very much for the work.
Forgive my ignorance, but I've tried the code and it throws me a window, but nothing happens when I press "F1".
Surely something else will have to be done to implement it while I program.

All the best
bravery

Hola Virtual Nomad. Ante todo muchas gracias por el trabajo.
Perdona mi ignorancia, pero he probado el código y me lanza una ventana, pero no ocurre nada cuando presiono "F1".
Seguramente habrá que hacer algo mas para implementarlo mientras programo.

Un saludo
Bravolta
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2022 14:17 Edited at: 15th Jun 2022 14:21
VN wrote: "no F1 functionality."

when you copy a command (or anything) into the clipboard, you'll need to focus on the FindHelp app.

if it finds that the text in the clipboard is a valid command, clicking in the FindHelp screen will launch the command's help file.

this is assuming that you've set HelpDIR$ to the path on your HD if it differs from mine:

not the most intuitive. if you have a better implementation, i'd be happy to change it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2022 14:15 Edited at: 16th Jun 2022 14:21
I did it, I think it needs to be finalized, but it can already be used.

P.S. From what I have done hastily, I choose an unsuccessful implementation of hotkeys. It needs to be redone, otherwise F1 will not work in other programs while my program is running.
If no one but me makes another implementation. I'll fix it.

Attachments

BravoltaGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Qugurun,
There is a problem with AppGameKit F1.exe
Windows Defender considers it a virus and removes it.
Does it really contain a virus?

Thanks for the work
Bravolta

Hola Qugurun:
Hay un problema con AppGameKit F1.exe
Windows Defenfer lo considera un virus y lo elimina.
Realmente contiene un virus?

Gracias por el trabajo
Bravolta
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2022 18:27 Edited at: 17th Jun 2022 18:28
I write in Delphi. Compiled through the Delphi 2010 version and through Delphi 10.4, in both cases virustotal shows that the file has viruses 4 out of 66 antiviruses and, depending on the compiler version, different antiviruses show the threat. I read about it, they write on the Internet about frequent false positives, or what happens rarely is that my development environment is infected. In any case, it's up to you. I can upload the source code, you can build the project yourself.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2b28f5c25391e3395fb8d9e55d5c3517667ec502e719d95668a437ac28e48736
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2b30649844f73abe0f0b95a17224f4a45ea8d7bccbe94ecc994846d7ff31f413

Attachments

BravoltaGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you very much Qugurun
It works perfectly.!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Bravolta

Muchas gracias Qugurun
¡¡¡Funciona perfectamente.!!!
Gracias .Gracias .Gracias.