Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] How do I set a custom icon for the Mac version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I know that it's easy to include a custom icon in windows. You add an icon.ico to file your project. But is there a simple way to do the same on the Mac? Thanks.

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 9th Aug 2022 03:40 Edited at: 9th Aug 2022 04:12
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
no personal experience but what i'd consider a veteran programmer (Jeku) had similar inquiry HERE which resulted in his referencing this Guide and editing the XCode to produce his own AppGameKit Player (presumably including the icon).
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2022 08:23 Edited at: 30th Aug 2022 08:23
I will try this before or after the AppGameKit game jam (depending on time) as I will be releasing a Mac and Windows version of the app on itch.io. The only problem with this solution is that it requires the developer to have an Apple Developer license, which is quite a lot of money a year just to change an icon. I do have the developer license as I had an app on the iOS App Store earlier in the year, but if I'm not planning on releasing apps anytime soon on the iOS or Mac App Stores, it's kind of a pointless expense. I want to change icons in apps I might share on itch.io, so the apps don't need to be signed.
udabudda
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks like Virtual Nomad has the answer, but it's not an easy one like I was hoping. Anyway, thank you
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2022 09:01
This process doesn't seem to work for me. When I follow the instructions and copy the interpreter_mac folder Xcode instantly shows errors with files being missing: 2 of the files are interpreter.cpp and ProgramData.cpp. These files aren't in the interpreter_mac folder, but are in the main interpreter folder. I copied them over but things still aren't working because the other file that it says is missing is agk.h. I can't see this file in any of the interpreter folders. I can't at the moment run the project in Xcode, and therefore can't change the icon for the application which is all I really want to do.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2022 10:46
I've found where I was going wrong. The document says copy interpreter_mac folder and renaming it, but it's not actually made clear that it needs to be copied into the same folder location it currently sits in. I was copying the folder to a completely differen location.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:50:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:50:29