Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Merge AGK Classic Chat with AGK Studio Chat?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is more of a question. I was wondering if it's not better to have everything in one place? I know there are some specific issues but most things are overlapping while related information only appear in one or the other chat section. Would it be better to have one chat section for both? What's your take on it?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 12th Aug 2022 04:02 Edited at: 12th Aug 2022 04:04
IIRC, originally this board was to be strictly for studio IDE/specific stuff (there was a forum rule, i believe) but there was a ton of overlap so the rule/notion was abandoned.

at least the way it is now, studio-specific stuff does tend to end up here, perhaps making searching a little easier.

even on the discord server, there's tons of overlap between channels so, like here, it's "kinda-sorta" organized and probably best the way it is now <shrugs>. i'm probably just used to some extra clicks at this point.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2022 08:29
I'm not really sure the purpose of the appgamekit-studio channel on Discord. Tier1-chat seems the most appropriate channel for tier 1 and studio. Maybe the studio channel, or another channel should be more aimed at the scene editor in studio (and named appropriately).
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2022 23:41 Edited at: 6th Nov 2022 23:53
I would like a more Organized Forum, Like Having subforums for AGKS : Showcase,3d,2d, LevelDesign,Shaders,Newcommers Etc. A good Exemple would be the Lightwave3d forums. Here it just seems to me that everything is just mixed up and much not task and product specific and i cant imagine it would be hard to orginise things in subforums and draw a line between products and again because VERY important,more task-specific Sub-forums,like all about level design in AGKS,things like that.

I dont agree with merging forums as in the search function you can specify where to search,just one click away.
Animals

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:50:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:50:31