Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / HELP NEEDED : : Open source DBPRO simply can't handle 3D in my machine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2022 03:02
Hi, folks. I'm absent for a very long time, I know. I hope that someone is still in here to answer, because I simply can't understand what is going on.

The point is: nothing 3D works.

Commands such COLOR BACKDROP, the MAKE OBJECT and everything related to 3D objects simply result in... nothing.

No error message, no compilation failure message, nothing. I hit F5 and nothing happens.

Every other command works flawlessly. I tried the 9Ex edition mod and it doesn't work either. The older DBPro version, that we could find anywhere in the Internet when TGC was still selling the app, works normally, but the newer open source ones simply give me this strange error.

The best solution, at least in my case - since my actual PC is a piece of rotten junk - could be the legacy commercial version, but I can't find it anywhere.I have one saved in my external HD drive, but I stuffed it with plugins and now I simply can't share my projects since no one seems to be able to run them - mainly because Matrix1Utils' vcpp runtime libraries...

What can I do?
<b><i>The mind is the compiler of dreams.</i></b>
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2022 00:16 Edited at: 24th Aug 2022 00:18
If I remember, back when I was using DBPro with Matrix1Utils, I had to install DirectX but can't remember if it was version 7 or 9. It's been a long time. I would try DX9 first and if that don't work then try DX7.
Emir Starshyne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2022 03:12
I have 3 different versions installed:
The oldest one is the first TGC released for free. It works flawlessly on my Windows 10 machine. I just gave up from using it because I stuffed it with so many plugins that now no one can run my games because they can't find which DLLs are needed.
The second one is the last TGC released before the open source. It doesn't compile anything at all. No error. The project compiles, the window blink for some miliseconds and fade away. Nothing fixes it.
And the version I am using is the open source. It runs only when I use 2D. Any 3D function result in the project compiling but not running - it blinks and closes silently. I tried DX11 plugin, 9Ex mod, switching the compiler to the older ones I have in my other folders and nothing works.
The problem is not DX9 because it was the first thing I installed on my laptop as soon as I bougght it.
Not sure what I can do. Probably I'll need to use only 2D or find another programming language, since the version that works best I can't find anywhere for download anymore.
<b><i>The mind is the compiler of dreams.</i></b>
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Aug 2022 07:10 Edited at: 24th Aug 2022 07:49
If you have directx 9.0c then it's probably missing DLLs. Have you made sure you have dotnet 3.5, have the c++ redistributables especially vs2010, and DLLs such as mfc71.dll , see below

https://forum.game-guru.com/attachment/29486
Pro Programmer / Data Scientist, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
CSL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2022 16:51
I always keep these two dll files in the project folder, or where the .exe is created:
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
CSL
Programmer2000
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 2nd Sep 2022 11:51 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2022 11:53
Those are from the Visual C++ runtimes, yes, but you would be better off installing the full C++ redist all-in-one package. It'll solve all kinds of dependency errors, plus you won't need to carry around DLLs anymore as they'll already be installed in your system folders.

Try that and see if it fixes your issue.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:26:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:26:34