Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Android Bill Library Update

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2022 14:54 Edited at: 20th Oct 2022 15:18
I uploaded new version of my app to the google play store using the newest studio release and In App Purchases is not working. I use Tier 2. The new version is released on Google Play as beta, still have the previous working version as the main release. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.direrpg.direrpg

I am getting the message "Cannot start purchase until setup is finished, please try again in a minute" from AppGameKit when trying to purchase.

So I edited the agk java file so this message is skipped to see what happens and get this "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play".

Looking up that error I find this check list

I seem be be good on this check list as well... (Its been 24 hours? Maybe I need to wait another day and check it again? I got the email from google that the update was ready a few hours after I uploaded it.)

So I run the App through Android Studio to watch the logs and all the IAP seems to be good, It finds and shows my one IAP product I have available.

My code hasn't changed and it worked with the previous version of AppGameKit before the billing library update.

Did this update require any coding changes a the AppGameKit coding level? Seems to be some new commands. Anyway I am stumped.
Counterparry
DarkDIRE RPG a roguelike game build with AppGameKit Tier 2

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2022 16:12
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
This may be the same as my report here:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228676

There is basically a bug in the current version meaning even if you only have one IAP item you have to add a bogus subscription item (which doesn't need to actually exist). Adding something like:
InAppPurchaseAddProductID( "test_sub", 2 )
after your single IAP item should sort it. Obviously this is in Tier 1. Paul says the problem is fixed in the next version of AppGameKit Studio.
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2022 23:22 Edited at: 20th Oct 2022 23:24
Thank you for your help! I added the extra command and it is now working.
Counterparry
DarkDIRE RPG a roguelike game build with AppGameKit Tier 2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:15:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:15:25