Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Full 3D city tech demo in AGK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2023 23:09 Edited at: 6th Apr 2023 00:38
Ando - that's how the shop model is built in blender, so all the meshes are individual - but that means that each and every part of the shop needs to be loaded in, scaled, positioned etc seperately, and used an object ID (my engine IDs, each chunk can only have 1000 objects). So it is easier to load the core shop as a single model with meshes. This also allows for a far more felixibility in terms of complexity - I can just set mesh images and store that rather than worry about a arying number of objects based on the number of meshes that different editable buildings might have.

I've got the interface and detection of being inside an editable building working, just looking now to split down the model meshes into seperate models, which shoudl be easy enough....I hope!
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2023 00:37
So I think I got it working OK so far.....this is a bit rough but I create a new object for each mesh, hide the original, and then detect which mesh is hit. This works enough for me I think, though there may be a better way of doing it. Now I just need to let the player change the texture and we're good to go.

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2023 01:27 Edited at: 6th Apr 2023 01:41
Added the ability to change the decor on meshes and, other than a bizarre glitch that is not letting you edit external walls if the internal one is also hit because it is further up the checking list (I need to a distance comparrison), it is working great.

Would be good if AppGameKit just had a native ability to detect mesh collissions and report them though, it must be possible in the core code super easily as they must be checking every mesh in turn anyway....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:08:20