Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Possible bug with numeric editbox input

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2023 00:54
I'm seeing an issue when entering numeric text into an editbox that contains a decimal point. If you set the editbox to numbers only (to bring up the numeric keypad instead of alpha) and enter a number with a decimal point, the flashing cursor will sometimes stick to the left of the point. For example, if I try to type the number "500.2" I instead get "5002.", but it is intermittent. In fact, it appears to be related to how quickly you enter the number. Too fast and the cursor doesn't increment with the decimal point. Type very slowly and it works fine. Can anyone confirm this?

Example code to test with (broadcast to moblile device to test numeric keyboard input):

I'm using a Google Pixel 6 Pro. Please let me know if you get the same problem and the device you are using. Thank you!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 26th Jan 2023 01:16 Edited at: 26th Jan 2023 01:46
i can't replicate your issue on my old samsung j3 (typing as fast as i could).

btw, i'm still using the dec 8 2022 android player while i see a new one was posted today.

curious sidenote: the editbox accepts multiple decimal points on WIN run vs only a single . on mobile.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2023 07:47
Thanks for checking! I've implemented a workaround, but is a bug (at least on my device). Workaround as follows:

In the loop, add:

This moves the cursor to the end of the string if the last character entered is a dot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:43:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:43:24