Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / The agk studio only opens with 4 files showing.

Author
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2023 00:28 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2023 00:30
I have 7 files on my project.
But, whenever I open my project, only 4 files are loaded in it and I have to 'open the other 3 files by pressing 'open source file'
This happens every time.
Is there a way for it to always open the files when I start up the agk studio again?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2023 07:57 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2023 07:57
On mine it retains the open tabs, one agc file and three scene files in my current project. Have you tried a fresh AGKS install?
Mark Garrett
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2023 18:06
Yes I have, 3 times already, but it doesn't help.
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2023 23:06
I've just tried this. If you drag files into the folder they don't show in the IDE, if you use File -> New Source File it does show up. Did you drag those other files or create them with the IDE?

You need to make a copy of the files, creat new ones inside the IDE and then copy the contents from the copies into the newly created ones. There doesn't seem to be a way of importing ready made files into the project.
Mark Garrett
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2023 10:01 Edited at: 24th Feb 2023 10:05
Yes, I did 'add new source file' on the IDE, I did , but that still doesn't work.

I also noted that on the 'Car game'.AGK file... that it only recorded the first 4 files on it,
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2023 15:17
Does everything still compile while the IDE is playing up in that way?
Mark Garrett
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2023 17:53 Edited at: 25th Feb 2023 18:03
Yes, it all still works. Game works fine.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2023 21:16
Just add the missing files into the AppGameKit file manually? I have done that in the past and seems to work, only had to because the menu for adding disappeared on me, only add source file was visible! You should be able to right click the .agk file listed in the projects panel and select add file - not add new source but just add file.(this was the missing part of the menu I just referred to).

I have an issue when I open an agk file by association i(e double clicking the agk), but only if it resides in a folder that has been copied(for backup for example or to continue as a newer version). In this situation none of the files show up not even the agk - solved by simply renaming the copied folder anything other than just "- copy" at the end, ie "- copyb" is enough to get it back on track. You could always try that.

I usually also go to C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Local\AGKApps and find the same name folder - then delete it because that has messed some stuff up in the past(can't say I recall it being source file related but you never know until you try - BlinkOk did post a proggy in the past for model conversion that used .json files, when BlinkOk updated it I had to delete the .json file from that location before running the new version as it totally messed up the resulting menu options). Admittedly this is a step I often forget to do.

Failing that I dunno, the above was my best attempt of "advice" lol
Win 10 Home 64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H, 8GB DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
Mark Garrett
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2023 17:56
Thanks for the info
ReFure
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK
Posted: 9th Mar 2023 21:40
I have this problem again from time to time. I have to re-add the files manually to the .agk file using a text editor. I have a backup copy stored incase it happens again. Sometimes it happens if I close tabs of documents I do not use and then save, or force-quit the program.

Nic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:13:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:13:23