Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / VS2017 & Tier 2 - Windows 10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2023 16:58
After some experimentation and a rather late night.. I finally have Tier 2 AGKWindows Lib & VS2017 C++ Templates compiling & working.

Not the most elegant solution, adding implicit file paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010) in the Project Settings

Just to get Xaudio2.h errors to disappear.

But it works.. anyone else had similar experiences?

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2023 02:49
Yea I am using 2022 and making it backwards compatible to compile AppGameKit was a pain, for externals like DX I always setup environment variables and dump them all in a "SDK" folder at the root of my c which is also backed up on external drive so when the inevitable system restore is required I only have to setup a handful of environment vars and everything works again.

I also do this for the "template" app, I hate the way the apps have static paths in the Tier2 folder, make a var "AGK_SDK" and link them all to that I can dunp T2 projects where ever I want

when it comes to includes and external library's.... Visual Studio will test your patience thats for sure!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2023 00:26
Thanks for the confirmation my fieind, I am glad it is not just myself.

Maybe one day we could start a contribution forum to make this "task" a collective accomplishment ( Tier 2 Jam ).. it would benefit us all.

AGK is very good in all aspects, but we need to focus out resources and skills to bring it together,

Johann

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2023 01:34
I do believe Lee had a bit of a Tier 2 drive a few years back and although a few jumped on it at the time I dont think many stuck with it, as you may well know C++ is not very forgiving and as easy as the AppGameKit T2 libs are to use its to easy to get tripped up by the compiler ... include hell ... stack corruptions ... you know the stuff!! T1 is just so easy, forgiving, gentle on the user, I see the appeal but it comes with restrictions and overhead!

Personally tho I have grown kind of found of C++ and now when I get one of the aforementioned headaches I kinda know where to look or what to look out for and having AppGameKit in OOP is just .... the dogs .......
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:13:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:13:45