Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / My First Android Game: "Guess" A Rare Type Of Logic Game That Involves Connective Thinking.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After so much hard work from both me coding and few other people handling assets I have finially finished my android game that has a special place in my heart because I also made it to help people.
It improves connective thinking cognitive ability that is very important in life and many jobs but is ussually ignored on education systems. This is probably why einstein claimed only %2 of the people could solve his famous house riddle as it too relied on using connective thinking.
I would love it if few people from Appgamekit community could try my game and give me feedbacks on what they think. Its the first game I made and I made it with lots of love.
Here is the googleplay link for it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.entertainmentpaidia.guess
Here is QR code to store page for easier access:

Let me know what you think in the comments and good reviews on googleplay platform if you like the game is highly appretiated <3

SHORT GAME DESCRIPTION:
By making guesses for combination of colors the character wants to wear you recieve code output that you need to decipher in optimum amount of guesses and time.
The purpose of the game is to figure out which color combination the character wants to wear.
To accomplish this, the player must select a clothing object, then a color and repeat this process for all clothing items, afterwards press the check button.
The game will give hints based on the combination that the player has selected and if the player correctly guesses all colors, the player wins and the game ends.

There are three symbols; each with a preceding number giving the player hints based on his guesses. The meaning of the value of the number preceding each symbol is given as follows:

✔️: Amount of clothes that was assigned with the same color that the character wants to wear.
⭕: Amount of clothes that has the color that the character wants to wear but not on the assigned object.
❌: Amount of clothes that are assigned with a color that the character doesn’t want to wear any more of.

It has various difficulty settings as well as a highscore system to challenge the user optimally throughout his journey of increasing/developping connective thinking cognitive ability.
Here is screenshots of the game:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2023 02:43 Edited at: 30th Apr 2023 02:49
hey, kocak

i've installed Guesss and all of the text and buttons are just too tiny:

any particular reason for this as it seems to be this size by design?

re: the How To Play instructions, don't feel a need to put everything in one screen but, instead, have multiple pages that we can flip through and actually be able to read (which should be the priorty).

the buttons in the image above match the size of rest of the game but they don't need to. nor does the feedback which could be moved to a much larger piece of real estate and offered at nearly triple the size similar to what you did with the row of color swatches. ie:

or, perhaps just double the size where it's at and move a larger Check button to the bottom area.

even though i found it difficult to play only because of the small text and feedback/results, it does play well and the music is catchy and pleasant.

i haven't won a game yet but did want to offer some constructive feedback toward a potential update

meanwhile, it reminds me of Mastermind and that's a good thing. nice job!
Game_Code_here
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats on your first game and hope it does well.
kocak
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi virtual nomad thanks for trying out the game and for your feedback. I will think about making the button sizes bigger in an update, I decided to leave buttons smaller because in the older phones which are still videly used the screen size is considerably smaller thus larger buttons caused problems when i broadcasted to an older device on AppGameKit player but i think I can make the buttons slightly bigger. For how to play I actioally wrote multiple versions and had some of my friends rate them, people liked the 1 page version the most as they didnt wanted to read too much text. I too like a how to play like you described but I went with a populist choice on that one. As for the feedback part or check I cant move it to that area because it would overlap with the podium which also acts as a clothing item in the hardest difficulty. I will think further into all of your feedbacks as you have made very valid and interesting points, I will see if I can find a workaround for them in a future update.
kocak
Years of Service
User Offline
Game_COde_here thank you for your support, I do hope it does as well because me and my friends worked really hard on it. By the way if you can play or recommend to your friends or even gave it a positive review on googleplay it would help us reach more people and I would really appreatiate it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:31:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:31:05