Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] Time Slice Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2023 18:44 Edited at: 16th Jun 2023 19:11
This is a very novice level example of updating elements within a program consistently using the timer instead of relying on a steady sync rate, which everyone knows can suddenly drop.
The 'TimeGap' variable, as well as the object's speed, should be experimented with to optimize event scheduling and desired movement.

Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2023 01:50 Edited at: 12th Jul 2023 01:51
Much to my amazement, I pasted the above code into Google's new AI bot (bard.google.com) and this is what it returned:

Quote: "This code first creates two objects, a cube and a sphere. The cube is set to wireframe mode, and the sphere is rotated 40 degrees to the left. The code then sets the sync rate to 60 frames per second and starts a loop.

Inside the loop, the code first calculates the time elapsed since the previous frame. Then, it increments a variable TimeCount by the amount of time elapsed. The code then calculates the number of frames that should have been rendered in the time elapsed. If the number of frames is greater than zero, the code moves the sphere by a small amount.

The code then checks for user input. If the user presses the R key, the sphere is reset to its original position. If the user presses the + or - key, the sync rate is increased or decreased by one. If the sync rate is changed, the code syncs the screen to the new rate.

Finally, the code prints some status information to the screen, including the sync rate and the screen's frames per second. The loop then repeats.

I hope this helps!"
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 08:09:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 08:09:06