Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] AGK Mobile

Author
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jun 2023 08:53
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hello

Just curious if we can update AppGameKit mobile on Google play apps to work on bang up to date Android version. I'm not sure what mine is. But it's this years mobile.

I tried and I got a higher version of Android to what this app is compiled for.

Be highly appreciated, I don't have a PC as yet due to the cost of the world these days.

It will help to get me into AppGameKit on the move.

Kind regards
Aidan

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, there are plans for an update soon for the Steam version, but currently, due to the need to support too many variations, we have now moved our focus to Steam versions only.
Aidan
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jun 2023 14:26
Thank you for getting back to me and does Make sense to keep everything in one market place.

I shall keep a look out on Steam over coming months

Aidan

MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2023 12:24 Edited at: 25th Jun 2023 12:25
@Scene Commander: Did I got that right ? Future Updates to AppGameKit Classic only on Steam versions?
EdzUp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2023 17:40
FYI the Steam version has the standalone version in thw files, i can understand the need to have one version that everyone is using as its easier to update.
-EdzUp
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/EdzUp
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2023 04:21 Edited at: 28th Jun 2023 04:32
Oh no more bad news I assume that the Studio version will only be the Steam version as well? I thought I read that the Studio version has DRM and cannot be run outside steam, I may be wrong though so can anyone can clarify this?

To be fair though, rather than lose Classic completely the Steam version would suffice provided it can be run independently of Steam.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I won’t judge that decision if it is true, just wanted some clarification.

Let’s hope the Windows users of AppGameKit with a Steamaccount all run Windows 10/11
Aidan
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2023 15:05
Hello.

My circumstances are that I can only use a mobile for now.

PC may come in years to come, I was more interested in the appgamekit mobile from Google play app store. To keep me occupied

I'm sure all the other versions that you do run, im sure will be all safe and continue as they are as they have been.

It's just the mobile version from the app store - so TGC concentration on updating this App as dwindled as it may not be TGCs highest priority to keep up to date

Sorry if I've caused a little confusion

Aidan
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2023 15:22
But I dont own Studio in Steam, not that I even use it anyway but are you saying I now cant get updates to Studio via my TGC account?

Not trying to be whiny about it I would just like clarification so if that is the case I will scrub it from my system and my mental list of "accessible tools"

And yes I to see the sense of such with Paul gone I would rather the team work on the core than various download options
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Aidan
User Banned
Posted: 10th Aug 2023 15:33
Hello TGC.

I am going crazy here twiddling my fingers not been able to do any AppGameKit programming what so ever . I can't get a laptop or PC at moment to do the steam versions as yet and that will be a while. Couple year at least so can save up for one.

Wonder if it's possible to provide me with the AppGameKit mobile App that you have put for free on Google Play Store. Google Play won't let me install it due to incompatible due to me having a higher android version on my mobile as discussed above.

But it "may" work if I can download the AppGameKit mobile.agk file instead and install it manually that way, if that doesn't work either then that is fine, at least we have tried

But Is this do able to have it available for a day or two available to download via here?

Kind regards

Aidan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:38:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:38:42