Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / No Thumbails in Library

Author
User Offline
Hello fellow FPSC users! I realize this forum is far far less populated than the heydays but maybe someone could help me!

I recently found some free files from Doomster and chucked them into my library only to have all the segments be absolutely thumbnail-less!! This is very frustrating because these are fantastic looking walls but without thumbnails i have zero idea what the hell they look like and in turn have no idea when is the appropriate time to use them (aside from the obvious but time wasting option of trying out every single room in the level every single time i want to consider adding it into my levels) Ive redragged and redroped everything over and over atleast 7 times, Ive even avoided making a container folder so every single segment is littered loose in the library but all of it was to no avail, the thumbnails will not appear in the library except for the default "segment" or "entity" FPSC icons, and there doesnt seem any way to directly link these files to the thumbnails, they're right thee in the texturebank but the link still seems to be broken, is there any other way to wire them or fix this issue?!

Thanks in advance
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2023 13:26
Hello Shock65 and welcome. Yes, TGC dumped fpscreator and moved on to Game Guru and the forum died out. But, everyone that loves fpsc did move over to Discord.
There are literally thousands of us there. If you want an "invite" let me know and I'll send a link.

AS for the thumbnail view pics, yeah Doomster had several pack that fpsc didnt like. Even today when I make custom segments I have to go threw a specific process
or the thumbnail .bmp wont show ???

If you have "Exactly" the name of the pack I'll see if I have it also and the bmp pics to go with it??
best
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
Shock65
User Offline
Ah i see, thank you so much for your reply ncmako, truth be told i was messing with FPSC for YEARS (even back to 2008) but never did much except lurk here and long since forgot my old login data. I would be interested in joining the discord but I cant PM anybody just yet (not enough posts) so if you'd be so kind as to send it to me, I would love to join the community
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2023 18:53
Ok sent an invite PM. its good for 7 days. lets see if it works.
The Discord invite is for fpscreator. We also have a server for BIM ( Black Ice Mod) FPSC.
** WHERE'S MY eXplosys ? **
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2023 18:21
@ncmako, send me a fpsc invite. I'm already on BIM server.
Please and Thank You.

mk83
mk83 Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:12:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:12:41