Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] broadcast problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having trouble of broadcasting. It can't work as attached picture (show on my android phone)

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 13:49
You didn't attach a picture...
With this said Studio/Classic were updated to Version 2023.07.17 the other day (well on the 17th), which means you *MUST* ensure that your Android/iOS Version of the AppGameKit Player is also updated to be able to broadcast.
It's a weird quirk with AppGameKit that the version you use for Development (Desktop) must be the same as the Player Version on the Target Device, otherwise they won't connect properly to broadcast.

Now I say it's a weird quirk because AppGameKit is rarely updated in a way that the Bytecode (bytecode.byc in the Media Folder., which is the Runtime Code that your Code is converted to before run via the AppGameKit Player; this is just embedded in release Apps) is actually incompatible between updates.
I think the reason this Version check that disables Broadcasting is present is just for the rare occasions we have New, Removed or Changed Commands that _would_ result in incompatible bytecode.
It would be nice IF they changed this behaviour though as sometimes it takes a few days for ALL Android Regions to get the Live Update in the Play Store., so this means we can't use the Broadcast Feature for a few days after updating... it's why I tend to wait a few days before installing update versions.
I'd recommend having Auto-Update enabled on the Play Store (or at least AppGameKit Player), so that it will always update to the latest; assuming you're on Steam where you don't _really_ get a choice about updating.

Hope this helps.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 14:56 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 15:01
in general, the android player that ships with studio will match the current version of studio so if the latest android player isn't on google play (which it isn't), you can go to to your install location (ie, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AppGameKit Studio\Players\Android) and get it from there.

otherwise, as raven advises, the screenshot that you meant to attach isn't there. we're guessing what your issue might be until it is
guy_design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 15:19 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 15:45
I update agk studio to ver 17/7/2023 and update agk player to same version but cannot connect . How can I solve ths problem?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 15:48 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 15:54
sounds like you're on WIN11? find the DirectX link/XInput 1.3 reference here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/226258

personally, i wouldn't use the latest version of Studio unless you need to to export to iOS. regardless, still no hint provided re: what your broadcast issue might be...

edit, and now you've edited your last post so the above is out of context. were you ever able to broadcast? is this a new issue for you?

i believe i've seen others who "can't connect" find it to be a firewall issue where whitelisting Studio allowed it. i've no experience there so maybe others can advise.
guy_design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 15:57 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 16:03
sorry for edit I solve that problem (xinput.dll)
I run on window 10, still cannot connect to agkplayer via android phone

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 16:35 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 16:38
the only way that i can reproduce the Network Error is if i turn wifi off on the phone, launch the player, turn wifi back on, minimize the app and return it to focus. so, all i can suggest is to make sure both devices are connected to the same wifi. again, there may still be the permissions/firewall issue.

the Unconnected message is standard while waiting to receive Broadcast.

have you successfully broadcast in the past?

btw, i'm broadcasting to the january 2023 player from studio 2023.07.17. just a small test app but it's broadcasting to the device fine.
guy_design
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for your answer Virtual Nomad
I can broadcast in the past ,may be about 5 - 6 month

last minute I change to january 2023 player but still not connected ,I already setup firewall for network permission on agk broadcast.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 17:52 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 17:53
I have just tried broadcasting using v2023.07.17 of Studio and the January release of the Android player and broadcast works ok without any issues.

I've generally found that a new player is only needed if new commands have been added.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 18:30
the only other thing i can think of is making sure the IP Addresses under the Build option are blank (i dont think setting them does anything?)
guy_design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2023 19:03 Edited at: 24th Jul 2023 19:04
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
thank Zaxxan and everyone for advice I can solve problem. by turn off private network firewall

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 21:06:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 21:06:08