Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / At what is each 3D animation software best at?

Author
User Offline
I have recently started learning 3D animation and modelling in Cinema 4D, but I started wondering if this is the program best suited for my needs.

So far, the 4 main 3D Animation Programs I have found are C4D, 3ds max, Blender and Maya. Could someone with experience in this field explain the difference between them and how would one make the best out of them?
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2023 14:11
"Best" is subjective... what is the "Best" depends entirely on which you find most comfortable (and intuitive) to use and supports the features that you need.
Really what I'd recommend is just trying all of the 30-Day Trials that most 3D Software has to see what you most prefer.

Of course remember Solidworks, Max and Maya _can_ be quite expensive; as their Subscription / Time-Token Models.
Lightwave is Retail (1-Time Purchase) but quite expensive...
Silo, Milkshape3D and Aztec3D; those are much more "Budget / Indie" Friendly while remaining Retail.
Then of course there is Blender., which is THE most fully featured 3D Art Package currently on the market... but an absolute nightmare to learn., as nothing is intuitive or streamlined (even after 2 UI revamps) ... and best of all it is entirely Free.

jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2023 02:09
Blender is my jam, I agree with Raven not great interface to learn from. But it does have a lot of tutorials out there, some of them great.

Automation on Steam now!
Score Table Jr. on Google Play!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 11:26:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 11:26:39