Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / issues with agk player after update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2023 15:34 Edited at: 25th Aug 2023 15:38
im having strange issues with the agk player after the update. i thought it was an issue with my code and spent a lot of time changing and testing things but when i decide to just export the aab and try it on my phone it worked as intended and also works in the agk player on windows. the issue is when broadcasting to my phone it would seem to stop syncing with my code. i say this because i have a screen that loads the name of my app then deletes it to fallow with the rest of my code. i put checks to print() in a few loops to se if it was getting to them and was trying to delete the app name sprite right after use. it was still persisting but was also printing out my checks that were simply " print("here")" just to see if it made to that point. it did for the ones i tested but didnt give any visual updates only whatever i would tell it to print. A side note as well, i did get a error on my windows when using the agk player saying something about a memory problem but only once so far.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2023 23:20
which version of the player do you have installed on your phone?

google play shows last updated Jan 25, 2023 so you should try installing the player found in AppGameKit Studio\Players\Android and see if that makes a difference (it should as that's the player used in your .aab exports that are working properly).

if it does broadcast fine with that, the player @ google play needs an update
dandrews
Years of Service
User Offline
Everything is up to date its just strange how it doesnt work broadcasting it but does when exported on the same device

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 16:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 16:05:48