Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Steam version is not loading

Author
User Offline
There haven't been many posts about this I see. I paid for the bundle (particle and mega pack included) and when I try to launch AppGameKit either from the desktop shortcut or within Steam, it'll say launching but then stop. It recognises 1 minute of use and no more. The editor won't flash up or no error messages show up.

In the Steam discussion someone said the XINPUT dll couldn't be found, and I saw that too by going into steamapps, but this dll is within the Steam/bin folder. It looks like Steam is the best place to load AppGameKit but my laptop or desktop can't run it.

I did download the (2019) 14 day trial on my laptop and that works okay. I would think my more powerful desktop (windows 11/GTX 1650/8GB ram) would run the news Studio?

Any ideas?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2023 03:16 Edited at: 8th Sep 2023 03:23
some have suggested installing the dx9.0c runtimes to resolve issues re: XInput1_3.dll (see link/reference in the first post HERE).

others advise that only certain builds of studio have the issue so i'd passed the notion on to a dev a few days ago who is looking into a potential inconsistency in the build process.

meanwhile, a few users have experienced the issue which was resolved by installing those old runtimes.

since that's the only real detail you've included other than a "wont run" notion, that's my best guess (you did advise "no error message" but also re: xinput "i've seen that too"). it's worth a shot
Allblade Tech
User Offline
I had the exact same problem as thenewkgb. Installed DirectX runtimes as suggested and AppGameKit Studio started. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:48:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:48:06