Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / I'm Back! you have been warned, need some help with 'Synergy 20 Dec 2014'

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: BORG Drone Ship - Being Assimilated near Roda Beta (28)
Posted: 30th Sep 2023 01:07
Oh! how the years have passed.
Was digging around in the attic and came across my old copy of DBPro which strangely coincided with a small project I was assigned, In a moment of madness I decided to re-install DBPro from the CD only to find I couldn't reactivate it as the webpage no longer exists, luckily Richard Vanner informed me that as DBPro was no longer being supported and as such had been put on the public domain for free. It was a bit of a faf downloading and reinstalling (several different versions!) till I found one that appears to work! (Synergy randomly fails to save or compile my code?) and there is an annoying webpage window that comments that it can't find a certain web page (yeah! it doesn't exist anymore!) I've went through all the configuration files and manually edited any matching entries to 'http://www.msn.com' (it's still running!) but nothing changes. (note*) I've managed to prevent this window appearing by detaching the output window (i.e., dragged it onto my desktop.) as this web panel was blocking my code window (annoying!)

It also appears these downloads came with most of the addons although I already had Dark Physics along with the PCI Physics processor card. So now I'm all up and running I'm stuck at a weird issue. (see below!)

If you create a new project, you are faced with a properties page that contains a host of useful data Title, Icon, Comments, Verion etc.
The selected Icon doesn't appear to be used by the compiled .exe and I can't seem to access the other data from within the project itself (I've spent the last few days unsuccessfully searching the forums & online for a solution) Any Ideas? or for that matter removing the web panel?

Thanks in advance, it's great to be back!

Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2023 05:53
I didn't install the online free version. I have installed the disc version with the latest update.

Synergy Version

Creating a new project

Creating a new project lands on this screen.

Mage's Modular Code - Get awesome UI controls and powerful Bitmap Fonts!
Screen Device Recovery - Stop your apps from crashing when minimized/tabbed/screen locked.
CPU Friendly Frame Limiter - Make your app generate less computer heat + noise, and use less battery life!
TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2023 13:58
Hi Mage

Yeah, I can just about see the same thing on your image's, if you look at your last image above you can see the 'Code View' panel on the left-hand side. clicking the tabs at the bottom of this window and one will display the 'Propeties Panel' which holds a load of useful data, I'm looking to access this data from my application at run time, sort of like you can extract the filename from the AppName$ variable.

The other problem I have is with the white panel displayed just at the bottom of the output window, on my machine this is trying to access a defunct website, so has an error message ''Navigation to the Webpage was cancelled' no big issue there! what's annoying is it consistently works its way on top of the code window blocking out what lies beneath it I've currently figured a sort of work around by dragging the 'output panel' out of the editor onto my desktop and as if by magic it just disappears
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2023 07:21
There is an advertisement that was meant to display in the free to download version of DBP. You're probably seeing the broken ad.
I am not sure what you would need out of the properties window that you couldn't just hard code into the source code itself. I am not aware of an ability to poll that information from within the source code.

Mage's Modular Code - Get awesome UI controls and powerful Bitmap Fonts!
Screen Device Recovery - Stop your apps from crashing when minimized/tabbed/screen locked.
CPU Friendly Frame Limiter - Make your app generate less computer heat + noise, and use less battery life!
TinTin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2023 23:43
Hi Mage,
Sure I could just type this info into the program but where's the fun in that?

note* most Games have several dialog windows for loading/saving saved games, modifying settings etc, heck even reporting errors. (not in my code, it's perfect. )
typing in the same title may work, but how many time have we renamed a project halfway through?

p.s DBPro can be used to create more than games, utilising multiple Windows and Dialogs coupled with thousands of lines of code and it all suddenly becomes messy.

anyway. I've sort of fixed the annoying advertising Window, I just drag the Output Window to the Desktop and the Advertising Window follows it and no longer covers the source window.

I've since run into a load of other Synergy issues related to #include "OtherCode.dba", I'm getting a load of ' Can't find' errors, but my application is running some of the functions contained in
these included files but not all of the functions due to them not being able to access #CONSTANT 's. argh!!! I'm too used to OOP!

And all of a sudden, my can no longer display an image on the backdrop, this was working just the other day and the code hasn't been modified?

Thanks Again Mage

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:23:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:23:01