Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Are we allowed to distribute the bloom.ps shader files with our project?

Author
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 9th Oct 2023 14:50
I like the bloom shader from the shader example project that is included with agk. And I want to be clear if it's ok within the agk licence to distribute the shader ps files within the media folder of any project I made? Or are these only illustrative of the shader commands in the language. Not that I'm going to get as far as distributing anything!

I've got the shader pack, which is more explicit about its use. But the results from the bloom example are more what I want.

I wouldn't expect to be taking the graphics or other media from an example project and putting them in my own thing. But this would make things a lot simpler, so I'm checking if I can.
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2023 15:03
Shader pack has an encryption example you can make use of
Win 10 Home 64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H, 8GB DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2023 15:10
there's also vishnu packer which is free and made by a member of the community (WIN only). i use it all the time.

in general, if there is no explicit permission to distribute (anything), protect it somehow.
chip-fork
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Oct 2023 00:16
Thanks for the suggestions. Without it being clear though I wont be using the shader. Packing and encrypting media files is a good idea though. I do think it is a bit odd to leave loose files flapping around the media folder. I've been playing with the zip commands in agk and would probably put everything in a zip file just to be neat and tidy. I thought having a zip file with a password and changing the extension would be enough for me. but I will look at the options suggested.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 11:07:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 11:07:33