Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / Finally could compile the interpreter on Raspberry Pi 4, Bullseye 32.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2023 02:55 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2023 02:57
Previously I could do all steps suggested by Tboy on his sticky post, to install all dependencies, compile GLFW and make the interpreter on Raspberry Pi.
Those steps on Bullseye 32 don't show a single compilation error, but the resulting player does not run correctly, showing all sorts of errors, like "sprite not found", "object not found", "Missing bone", Etc. Etc.
Some tests that I did to compile directly on Tier2 also failed on the Pi.
On Windows 11 and visual studio 2022 does not seem to be any problem on Tier2, and it compiles fine. Still have to test a more complex application but it seem to work.

The solution: use an older Git Repo Commit
I recall that I did the compilation process back in February 2023 and the player worked good. But following the procedure with the current (December 2023) git repo commit, fails with those pesky runtime errors. I tried to download previous commits but didn't succeed. My working theory was that something changed in the AGKTier2 source code repository that makes the interpreter fail at runtime, without triggering compiler errors.

It took me a while, but I found an SDcard Image that I used on February, where I had a copy of the repository downloaded back in February this year 2023.

Using that February commit results in a successful compilation, and the interpreter runs perfectly. Now I can add my own functionality to the Pi interpreter or create an AGKTier2 application. Good news for my project.

Edit: The resulting Interpreter works very well also on Bookworm 32. Still have to see if the compilation procedure wotk there. Will be testing with 64 bits OSs over the next days, hope find a way to run the player there.
Let's go to Mars

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:45:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:45:19