Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AppGameKit Studio fails to load

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I tap the icon to open AppGameKit Studio, Steam starts loading and gives me the option to stop it. However, it never loads, and eventually I assume it crashes as after some time the stop button reverts to play.
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Try to load it directly...its in steamapps. You dont need to use or load from steam but if you still want for some reason maybe a fresh install would help.
Animals
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2023 01:05 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2023 01:11
Quote: "Steam starts loading and gives me the option to stop it. However, it never loads..."

sounds like the steam app isn't loading?
or, since it gives you the option to stop, is it installing either steam or studio vs "studio fails to launch"?
i havent seen you around for awhile so thinking something is updating/trying to.

otherwise, something doesnt sound right, above. but, as D|T|A advises, you can run the IDE directly @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AppGameKit Studio\ide.exe (i dont launch thru steam myself)
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2023 21:31 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2023 21:32
If you try launching the IDE directly and run into the same problem, then perhaps you are encountering the same dependency issue reported earlier. A soft CTD can often be attributed to that problem. The IDE may still depend on outdated runtime libraries (ie XInput1_3.dll) from 15-20 years ago that do not come with Windows by default. If so (and you can check manually with dependency walker), run the old 2010 DirectX web installer available here (which includes the XInput 1.3 libs): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 Then restart your system and try launching it again.
Xamarin
Years of Service
User Offline
Might be helpful for others.

I recently purchased a new laptop, installed steam and then AppGameKit Studio. Running the game would never load, running the exe directly gave the missing XInput1_3.dll message. I went and downloaded Direct X and that fixed the issue, the IDE now launches successfully from steam.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:10:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:10:55