Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / What are the Shape Commands

Author
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I saw something about Shape Commands that were included with AppGameKit but I can't find anything in the manual about them. I saw it as part of the AGKSharp project.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2024 12:50 Edited at: 26th Jan 2024 12:55
see DrawBox, DrawEllipse, DrawLine under Core/Drawing for 2D.

CreateObjectBox, CreateObjectCapsule, CreateObjectCone, CreateObjectCylinder, CreateObjectPlane, CreateObjectQuad, CreateObjectSphere for 3D primatives ?
GemGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2024 19:31
XanthorXIII wrote: "I saw something about Shape Commands that were included with AppGameKit but I can't find anything in the manual about them. I saw it as part of the AGKSharp project."

Do you mean the SetSpriteShape functions that apply to sprites and 2d physics?

SetSpriteShape
SetSpriteShapeBox
SetSpriteShapeChain
SetSpriteShapeCircle
SetSpriteShapePolygon

Quote: "Sets the current shape for use in collision detection, hit testing, and physics. A shape can be set without turning physics on, and by default all sprites are set to use the box shape, which is the fastest to setup. ..."

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Sprite/SetSpriteShape.htm
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The Shape Commands are part of an addon MadBit had done for AppGameKit Sharp. That's something I could have really used for Tier1 or Tier2. I might have to get back into C# Programming, I'm just concerned that with Microsoft ending support for Visual Studio on Mac that we won't have a way to work with that any more. I'll ask Mad about VSCode.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 21:50:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 21:50:17