Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Sounds for html

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2024 03:54
I know this subject has been raised a few times... But there is no real clarification for running sounds/music in HTML
I am more concerned about sounds instead of music.

For HTML:
I made 2 different versions of a sound into ogg; In classic there is no way to load them as sounds
There is no LoadSoundOgg in my latest version of AGK2 (which seems to be AGKClassic); should there be?
Wav's don't work(I think we know that?) (or should they)

The only sound I can get working is using "LoadMusic" using mp3 and then playing a sound as "PlayMusic" on an HTML page

Does LoadSoundOgg work in AppGameKit STUDIO for HMTL???

-------------------------------

People seem to use itch.io --- Can only AppGameKit STUDIO make if for HTML? and do they use wavs or just oggs, and do they use playsound in STUDIO?

Or has the HTML sound thing not really been fixed?

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2024 04:49 Edited at: 1st Apr 2024 05:51
Quote: "There is no LoadSoundOgg"

all of my stuff on itch is .ogg, including html versions loaded via LoadSoundOGG() / LoadMusicOGG().

mine are all Classic but i've tested and played a number of AGK html games (including Studio exports) where sound works fine.

in the build notes, .ogg has been a thing since alpha while Build 2.0.20 brought the deprecation of the Music commands in favor of OggMusic, et al.

what version of Classic are you running? ie, from within the IDE, see Help/About. and, is it the Steam or TGC version? your issues, as you advise, sound familiar from a few years ago but i assure you .ogg is preferred* and functional in HTML.

i don't see it in your steam library so you must have the TGC version? make sure you've installed the most-current version found HERE? then, looking at one of your old threads, you should have a steam key, apparently?

*by me
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2024 07:21
That's right, I installed 2023.01.26 because 2023.10.24 would not compile for android.
I was worried about purchasing Studio, because I am not a fan of visual placing. (I like to make my own)
Guess I should add that the old AppGameKit community edition program, is the exact same size as the download for AGKV2 now.
Sounds like Studio should work with my current programming, so I will move everything over to Studio now... (just have to deal with the steam thing now)
then retry the oggs
Thanks for the info!
ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2024 07:21
That's right, I installed 2023.01.26 because 2023.10.24 would not compile for android.
I was worried about purchasing Studio, because I am not a fan of visual placing. (I like to make my own)
Guess I should add that the old AppGameKit community edition program, is the exact same size as the download for AGKV2 now.
Sounds like Studio should work with my current programming, so I will move everything over to Studio now... (just have to deal with the steam thing now)
then retry the oggs
Thanks for the info!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 11:25:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 11:25:00