Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / VR DLC not available on Steam?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2024 06:17 Edited at: 17th Jul 2024 06:29
Hello.
I've just noticed VR DLC/plugin is no longer available on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/623100/AppGameKit_Classic__VR/

It's supposed to be working for AppGameKit Studio, so why it's not available as part of Studio DLC?
https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/appgamekit-vr-now-works-in-appgamekit-studio

In fact, I cannot find a way to buy it from TGC website either.

Can TGC put it back on Steam?
Thank you.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2024 14:52
Been looking for this also on steam. Yes I need this also this should be somewhere.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2024 15:59
Try emailing TGC to see if they will include it as DLC for the Studio version. There are a few DLC's that are compatible with Studio that would be useful.
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2024 15:18 Edited at: 20th Jul 2024 14:05
I mentioned this in my email to Lee yesterday. I'll post here when I get a reply.

Update:

I've had a reply from Lee and he said the Classic DLC was not designed to work with Studio (no guaranteed forward compatibility) and that it would not be right to sell something that they could not support.
Scribble
Years of Service
User Offline
TGC replied, saying they have no plan to re-list the VR DLC.
Not sure about other DLC such as Shader Pack. But as far as I can see, it's not going to be available either.
So are they considered as abandonware or something?
Zaxxan
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2024 16:28
I can't see them as being abandonware, doesn't this usually take a decade or two?
dooz
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't get it to work either. I tried downloading from the Products area logged into the site, followed the instruction manual, but I get can't find plugin AGKVR error.
dooz
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't get it to work either. I downloaded from the Products page, copied to Plugins folder, but get the "can't find plugin AGKVR".
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2024 05:19 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2024 05:30
not sure how you all are going about it but apparently VR does work under Studio; see from here down the thread: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/228913#msg2673346

meanwhile, as the current version of studio is 64bit only, make sure you're using the 64bit dll.

and, i dont know if it was mentioned in the thread but you might find #Renderer "Basic" helpful where default is to use vulkan in studio while classic (and the DLC) only contemplated OpenGL.

finally, NOT abandonware (or whatever you think labeling it as such might "grant" you).
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2024 07:34
According to install instructions, as well as copying from classics plugin files(in the compiler folder) over to studio, you must include some openvr dll alongside the .exe - you must also rename one of the two versions provided if using 64bit and use that instead(or you will get error saying not supported on this platform).

I don't have the hardware but have the plugin for if/when I eventually do, but that was as far as I got, it tells me that it was unable to init vr runtime:install path could not be located, so I assume this must be additional software that is needed - steamVR

All of the above info for install is in a guide with a section specific to studio - it also says that it supports both vulkan and ogl renderers.

I did not experience the error "can't find plugin AGKVR" even when I did not install it and just ran any demo - for that I got the compile error that AGKVR type has not been defined.

Perhaps the error has been reworded and is not exactly as produced by the app? ie might just need steam vr installing? Bit of a stab in the dark given I can't possibly test further but its about all I can offer!

Win 10 Home 64, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H, 8GB DDR4, NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
Drillfoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2024 03:47 Edited at: 6th Sep 2024 11:55
I'm sorry to say but this sucks and seems like another horrible business practice. I know, how dare I say this or raise this issue. TGC and these media packs/artist go out of there way to ensure that these model packs run and work with every iteration of FPSCreator to GGMax at, $10, $20, $30. However, when it comes to App Game Kit and Studio we get updates that work, only to allow the software to be usable and our apps published.

Go to the website for App Game Kit Studio and it says the product is $99.00. Go to the Steam portion and its $99.00 by itself. However, buy App Game Kit Studio, AGKStudio Particle Editor, and Mega Media Bundle all for for $56.80. Buy $300.00 "THE DEFINITIVE GAME MAKING COLLECTION" and App Game Kit Studio in that bundle is back to $99.00. Like, what planet am I on right now? I'm honestly not 100% sure what goes into ensuring that the VR addon would continue to work. Is it really that much more work than updating AGKStudio for publishing? Is there that much more to it? Along with the other addons?

I hope this isn't deleted, it contains facts and customer service notes that should be read and addressed. Prior to taking it off the website and no longer supporting it people were paying, RRP: $29.99 • £22.99 • €27.99 for it. I bet if it was a model pack it would work in Game Guru Max - Next Gen. I know that AGKStudio is on its way out and the focus is GGMax for whatever reason. It's tough to dedicate a project to a TGC product that you'll take seriously because you don't know when the end of it is coming. Slowly, AGKStudio and Classic join everything else 6ft under while GGMax gets all this attention. That's a shame.
// Comments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 00:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 00:25:06