Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Native AGK Terrain Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2024 07:30 Edited at: 12th Aug 2024 07:38
Terrain Editor Built in AppGameKit for AGK. Will Allow you to link your compiler and export a working project and run it.
Features:
Terrain generation from heightmaps.
auto generation of splat Map and texturing of terrain as well as calculating slope textures
texture painting 5 texture per terrain slice, slices are automatically calculated for performance. individual UV sets per slice
custom brushes, 20 brushes will be included, river mountain ect.
brush rotation scale size,
lifting and lowering of terrain.
Media: Custome sky dome , terrain textures, brushes
Custome grass shader. auto generates on a selected sample layer and at correct terrain level based on a rgb bias, fades in an out smoothly, adjustable size, color, sway, speed
custom cloud shader dynamic generated clouds that move and change shape, All aspects are adjustable.
support for addition shaders, evolves,janbos ,ect.
4,096 separate textures possible on a 1024 terrain.
The core of this is complete and will be available here soon after adding addition shader support.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
OriginalKronos
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, having attempted something similar myself I can appreciate the work that would have gone into making this.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2024 04:29
I originally started this as a hopeful 2-3 week project but found out there is so much involved and many roadblocks. Plus, i wanted to add all the useful features and have shaders that no one had to buy so I had to build everything from scratch. There are were no grass or cloud shaders that i could find and only 1 terrain shader that had to be purchased and I'm not shader Savy so It was a difficult 6 months at least ive that ive been pecking away at it. Will Be releasing this as soon as i add in shader support as a stand along terrain editor. If i find the time i will Keep adding features.

Resourceful
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2024 07:35
@Smerf

I look forward to seeing this
thanks for creating
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2024 10:55
That looks really useful good job.
MucMac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2024 09:07
Wow, i am impressed. This would make my coding-life much easier.
--
Mac
Lead Programmer
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2024 16:55 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2024 17:25
I'm just adding in some more functionality to the shaders before I release it. Wanted to add in day/night for sky /stars and adding a horizon transition fake sun maybe some god rays if i feel up to it. some grass tweaking, Should be soonish will release it and keep working on the shaders until im happy with it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-16 21:23:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-16 21:23:53