Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / matrix and world editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2004 23:25
I've been working on this matrix and world editor, at first just for my own use. Then I got carried away. Its called Worldmaker. It's still very new. The interface is clunky. There are some things not there that could be there.

You can use it to build a matrix - up to 100x100. You can texture it with up to 16 textures. There are some interesting terrain tools that can be used in combination to generate almost any kind of landscape. You can also set individual points and tiles.

You can load x or dbo objects, yrotate them, scale them, texture them and place them. There are some basic objects included - wall segments, columns, etc. They are presized and rotated, so you can use them if you like and you get static collision boxes.

You can save and load worlds. There's a subroutine included to load the world in your game. Its very clear and simple, so you can change it easily. There is also an example.dba

Its mostly point and click. The manual is limited. You can email me any questions, if you like. Any complaints, advice or accolades are welcome.

The folder is zipped inside a 7zip self extracting archive, about 2.7 Mb download. If you have any problems downloading, please let me know. Oh yeah, it's here:
http://awfuldarkforest.tripod.com/worldmaker.html
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2004 01:16
Oops - small problem, easy to fix. You need to include aslab.x in the objects folder. You can get it same place as aslab.zip.
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 00:42
a screenshot..
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 21:30
I added a proper sky box and a couple textures. Also, I fixed a few small problems. I oiled the toggle switches. They were a little sticky. Coming soon------more static objects, more terrain tools, and tools for creating textures.
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 21:34
i also dont have dbpro

if I = 1 then I = 1 else I = 0
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 03:04
Jopie dopie and Mr kid - sorry about that. You dont need dbpro to use the program though. Maybe the code can be converted to classic without much trouble. I dont know because I dont have classic. Here's the subroutine.

Btw, normalization is working now. If you downloaded it before normalization and dont want to have to download it again, just use this subroutine. Change this: "if info(19)=1 then set normalization on", to this: "set normalization on".
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 21:12
I fixed some bugs and added x and z rotation to the objects. I also fixed the object loading menu, so you can scale and rotate in real time. The object array is changed, so if you want to load a world you made before, you'll have to save the objects again.

Its getting there. Im having fun. Here's a screenshot from Anna, the example world included. It took about 15 minutes to make.

Unless some big problems come up, there wont be another upgrade for a few days at least (ha,ha). Check the web page if youre interested.
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 22:13 Edited at: 9th Jan 2004 22:31
It crashed twice
I really need a world editor...

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 19:34
Sorry TKF15H - There is still a lot to do. If you read this, maybe you could tell me more about the crashes. I cleaned it up some on the weekend, added buttons, replaced the buggy dbo objects with .x objects, and added some terrain tools. Oh yeah, also, now you can use a single image for the matrix texture. The program will prepare it into the same number of tiles as the matrix.

My server is having difficulties today. I'll try to upload it again later. Meanwhile, if you would like to download it, I'll put a note on the web page when the new one is up. Thanks for your patience.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:21:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:21:20