Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Think about this when u r making a game...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 02:10
These are two snap shots from a new season of the great series "Friends". I'm used to watch in my computer because I almost never have time to watch on TV... BUT, it gave a very ugly non-professional view of it. I'm very used to edit professional movies since my Uni times ( Jornalism and Radio/TV ), so... Take a look at those snaps:

http://www.geocities.com/roguegamedev/temp/friends1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/roguegamedev/temp/friends2.jpg

[img]http://www.geocities.com/roguegamedev/temp/friends1.jpg
[/img]

The episode number is 6 from the newer season. The following scenne:
Ross and Rachel has just contract a babysitter for their daughter ( the guy in the pic ). He should show a toy teather for Rachel, Ross and Joey. The camera was focusing on him, after few seconds on Ross and there back again on him. The first time the camera was on him, he had the toys like this: The blue one on the right hand and the green on on the left hand. Few seconds after the camera focused on him again, they were switched. Very ugly and it's impressive how so many peoples acting didn't see it... I did Obviously I love the series and it wont botter me, however it's a nice thing to think when making a game believe me, someone always find those little things
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 02:11
Geocities is such an ***

-- Rogue
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 02:16
cool, i'll try and rememba to keep that in mind.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 02:24
Yeah me too Like to Scenes it's fundamental and even more when, for exemple, u carry ur caracter from one stage to another, if he was hurt or not, the position of health packs on the menu....man It's many things :S

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 02:55
what is :S =P... yeh i notice a lot of problems like that in movies... so on...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 03:04
heheh I have seem in many games made in 3D too... but I cannot remember right now. It was a big thing like this in Heavy Gear, but I dont remember where I saw it . Well, the ":S" if u make in MSN Messanger will show up a kinda dizzy face... but does not seems to be working in here

-- Rogue
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 03:21
ah hehe... yeh i notice a lot of probelms in some popular video games...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/2.5mbs Sat Con... I joined in!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 03:34
fire the continuity girl and hire that rogue

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 08:00
=D indi your back... been busy on projects is what i hear from stevil... ...

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 11:24
Hahaha, indi thanks A job would be great I have none at the moment so lol. I heard the actress who plays Rachel get A LOT of $$$$

-- Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 11:26
Well, she is CUTE, so I whould pay that too if I could

-- Rogue
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 14:16
There was a site - can't remember the URL. It had all the continuity errors of loads of movies, and The Matrix was riddled with them!

Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 14:40
Cool, I should love to see a site like that
I remember another big mistake in a game. The game is good though, but a bit old. "The World is not Enough" for Playstation. In the scene cuts, for exemple, James Bond appeared with blue clothes or many others... no matter what, when the camera switchs from scene ( third person ) to in game ( first person ) James Bond's arm is always dressed black Arghhh, I have to stop to look at errors everywhere

-- Rogue
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 15:20
sometimes i think game makers see these mistakes but cannot really be bothered to start going back to fix them.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 20:19
no ... you make a 3d movie... 1 mistake... will you really want people to download a massive movie file in te next patch jus to fix it...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:20:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:20:34