Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Ghost Racer ( Destruction Derby Meets - Need For Speed )

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
3D Car Racing Game Now Available.

Screenies available here

http://www.vapournet.com/maskedcoder/screenshots6.html

Download available here

http://www.vapournet.com/maskedcoder/ghostracedownloadspage.html

Replies welcome except from Raven Vegeta.

Masked
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 11:44
44meg ill dl later looks good though

l8er

----- dark coder -----
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2002 21:33
dowloaded and tried the dunebuggy demo, nice suspension and cool physics. Still downloading the ghostracer demo though and from the look of things i still got 1hr 16min. Have you ever considered making a full driving game? with your car physics knowledge, it should be pretty good.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers hexgear.

Hope you like ghost racer.

Yeh, i'm really concentrating on perfecting the car physics. I've got new algorithms and routines to implement and my latest code, should allow for total freedom of movement, with jumping, spins crashes and flips ect.

When i get my physics engine into what i consider a high enough standard, then i think i might start on a full comercial quality car game. Have got plenty of ideas, but i think i'll ask the db community, what they want in a driving game before i commit to anything, and then see what i can come up with.

Talking quite long term here, but who knows

Masked.

Spy
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a very great demo, good job !!!

But i want to know if it was made With DB or DB PRo...

I think DB Pro ? But ....

Thanks

Spy

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
EYE SPY

Thanks for your comments.

It is actually coded in db v1.09 and not pro. pro isn't stable enoug yet, for me to start using it.

In fact, if you press f1 and go to the credtits section, in game, it does actually say, written in db v1.

Spy
Years of Service
User Offline
Waoooooooo !!

So, there is a time when i was thinking that DB was a bad soft, but with this demo, I think i'll review my judgement...

Very good

Spy

Ps: Sorry for my english I'am a french coder

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL Spy

No need to apologise about your English, as long as your understood, who cares about grammer.

I can only speak 1 language, and thats my own, so hats off to you for speaking at least 2

Glad you liked my demo. There is still quite a lot that can be achieved with db v.1, it's getting long in the tooth now, and is terribly slow, but at least it's stable.

richardneail
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 10:56
? Slow is it really ?

You might never win but if you give in will you ever know ??????
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
For someone who claims not to have the time to code, your spending a lot of time on these forums richard ?

Slow, go figure, ?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2002 01:40
well i'm gonna comment on this soon, you don't have to look at what i say if you don't want to - but it'd be a shame.

as for being on the forum ... i practically live here, but I don't have much time - only take a min to read something and reply whilst working of testing something.
Usuaully do it when the system is calculating lightmaps, animations or such (^_^) Richard probably does the same.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Why would i be interested in an retards opinion of my demo ?

Raven Vegeta = RETARD ?

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 01:33
by the way, why are you calling him a retard? is that life? or is it just you.......?

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 04:07
don't ask me... he seems to have a rod up his ass at the moment

ho well
i'm gonna keep ya'll in suspense for a while cause - the download was corrupt
not to worry i'll try again tonite.

ya know the 5 part download doesn't work right masked?
says there is nothing there.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 09:33
lol @ rod

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
HAHAHHA

Raven Vegeta your such a fucking arshole.

I hate your fucking guts you demented son of a bitch.

I don't give a damn about you or your worthless fucking opinions.

I don't resect you for your bullshitting and i don't respect your opinions.

I'll repeat.

Why would i be interested in the opinions of a RETARD.

RAVEN VEGETA = RETARD.

Can't you read, look again at the top post,

"Replies welcome except from Raven Vegeta. "

You stupid arshole, vegeta.

Can't even unzip a file properly, but then if you were on the rgt forums you would know the reason why.

Fuck you and FUCK this damn forum.

I'm out of here and won't be returning.

Moderators, this thread should be LOCKED, or deleted, either way is fine by me.

richardneail
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 11:14
WOW what did I do ?, and yes I have time to comment here cause I do it while I am waiting for systems to configure etc.

Also it gives somthing back too all the people that take the time too comment on and test my demos.

Thats the only reason, as for you masked get a grip !!! , I have never been a person to badmouth anyone on any forum but now I might just change that.

I do not know what your problem is but I suggest you get over it. It does seem too me that just laterly you are getting a bit up your own ass thinking that your code is so fantastic and that no one else can do better or do it in a different way + you have always been unwilling to listen to other peoples comments and take them onboard.

If you dont like what people say about your stuff then dont post it, it's a simple as that!

You are not going to get good comments all the time.

Now if that earns me a flame from ya then I think it's you that should GO FIGURE !!!

Rich

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 12:25
Go Rich!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 17:31
OH geez...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
WHY ISNT THIS THREAD DELETED YET ?

Fuck you arcturus your a fucking arshole too you shit coder.

Fuck you rich, you second rate coder,k who uses my code in your demo, simply because you cant code your own.

You ungreatful bastard

I dont give a shit about you or your fucking opinions, we started out as friends but your attitude and arogance has turned me against you and i fell the same to most people here. I've been polite and helpful to a lot of people, now i simply dont give a shit.

And to all you fucking little shit wanabe coders who like to criticise other peoples hard work without a second thought, RAVEN VEGETA, come back when your as good as me, with something better, and you might start gaining some respect.

Unlike you, i dont crave forum worship, i code to please myself, and no one else and ive always said that.

I don't know why you bothered to post in this topic, rich, surely you should know by now, i want no contact with you.

My issues are with poeple, like vegeta, who think they know it all when in fact they are bullshitting wannabe's.

If you like my demos then great if not, who cares, i dont give a shit either way cos it aint that important.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, I AM ONE OF THE BEST DB CODERS AROUND, COME BACK WITH SOMETHING BETTER THAN ME, AND I'LL START GIVING YOU SOME RESPECT IN RETURN.

UNTIL THEN

FUCK OFF

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 03:24
Erm... perhaps i'm not as good a coder as you but geez, i think someone needs a valium

I think i'll retract the review i was gonna say, all of a suddenly i don't feel like giving praise after being verbolly abused

The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
AM STILL WAITING TO BE BANNED AND FOR THIS THREAD TO BE DELETED.

TO ANYONE ELSE, DON'T BOTHER REPLYING OR FLAMING, AS I'LL FLAME YOU BACK, AND YOULL COME OFF 2ND BEST EVERYTIME.

HAHAHAHAHA

I'll repeat.

Why would i be interested in the opinions of a fucking RETARD.

RAVEN VEGETA = RETARD

Your damn right i'll verbally abuse you, VEGETA, the way you HAVE verbally abused many others over the years i've seen you.

I HATE YOUR FUCKING GUTS YOU ARSHOLE

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU YOU DEMENTED FUCKING LITTLE SHIT.

I'LL CONTNUE TO FLAME YOU AND ANY OTHER FUCKING LITTLE SHIT THAT WANTS TO TAKE ME ON.

BRING IT ON YOU MOTHER FUCKERS

THE MASKED CODER TAKES NO SHIT FROM ANYONE

richardneail
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 12:57
oh are you still here ?

what was it you said oh yer thats right :-

I'm out of here and won't be returning.

So what you doing back ?

As for your comment :-

Unlike you, i dont crave forum worship, i code to please myself, and no one else and ive always said that.

If this was true then you wouldnt be back, you are right you do not crave forum worship you crave attention and this is why you feel you need to post such vile words, WOHS A BIG BOY THEN CAN SWEAR

Rich

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 17:49
-Fuck you arcturus your a fucking arshole too you shit coder.

Well I know I may have not supported/defended you but that(my last post) wasn't in any ways oriented to YOU specifically...It was an 'OH,geez not another "griller" starting'.

Don't make me angry,you woudn't like me when I'm angry.(oh geez....Now I just made it worse.)

Look ma!no swears.

Peace....to everyone who wants it.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 18:05
wow, I just came in and felt all these negative vibes. I think i best be on my way....

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 19:34
This goes to The Masked Retard.
How can ur head be so far up your arse?
Your just a loser compared to the rest of these people here. Just coz u THINK that you can code better than everyone else. Though u must be very intelligent because I have never met a 3 year old that programms....amazing. Please tell me when you manage to get ur head out of ur arse... till then, FUCK OFF

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kohai of UWDesign
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 20:17
too much heroin ?

Surprising of you, TMC !

Plus GhostRacer is not that great ... ( compared to the Buggy Demo or DarkGT ).

Bah, guess he had a boozing day, and not yet fully awake ...

Actarus : Peace to you also, man ... That's the attitude i like ..

[Kohai]
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[url] [url]kohaistyle.com[url]
pIII 733/256 Ram/Geforce 256
The Masked Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
My apologies arctarus.

Sorry for misinterpreting your comments.

I've no desire to flame anyone that means no harm to me.

I do intend to flame and berate anyone that has a go at me though. Especialy that fucking arse RAVEN VEGETA.

I dont give a damn about people opinions of my demos.

I WRITE CODE TO PLEASE MYSELF AND NO ONE ELSE

How many more times do i have to say that.

If on the other hand i was writing a comercial game, then forum oppinions would be vital.

Yeh, im still here, because i havnt been banned yet and this thread has not yet been deleted, what are the mods up to, somebody better inform them quick, this thread is surely giving me, and the db community a very bad name.

Hence all this FUCKING BAD LANGUAGE.

I dont give a fucking shit anymore.

Richard, ive had bad vibes from you ever since we started correspondance, but ive bit my tongue and let it ride, as i do with a lot of people.

Theres a word for it.

Jealousy.

Simple as that.

You have hurt my feelings on many occasions, but, i let it go, as im generaly an easy going person. Tact is something most people lack, and now ive lost all mine.

Just because i wouldnt team up with you and work on a joint project, has obviously rattled your cage. and the fact i dont reply to your own posts, or even offered to give you web space, was i thought, a clear indication that i wanted no contact with you. But no, you had to have a go at me didnt you, you fucking little twat.

And what is an arshole like you still doing here. Arnt you supposed to be too busy to code ? or attend forums ?

I'll behave how i damn well wish, i will not be dictated to by anyone.

I think youll find, in my posts, that i never say, my demos are the greatest thing ever, unlike lots of other people. I do however have the best car physics code, currently available, written in db, but so what, thats simply fact. I'm sure in time a better programmer, will surpass my code.

Richard, you moron.

If it wasnt for me and my open source car physics code, YOU WOULDNT HAVE A FUCKING DEMO. FACT !

Worth remembering.

OK, so it's not the best code ever, but it's obvious your not talented or knowledgable enough to write your own, better code.

That was my offer to the db community, and a lot of people have used that code, for the basis, of theyre demos ect. I'm glad its helped a lot of people. Considering the amount of work i put into it.

Careful, KOHAI, i've no desire to flame you, but if you push me.

You have been warned.

To, xxxpetratxxx.

I'll behave how i damn well wish, as a 35 year old man, i'm not embarrssed or ashamed of who i am, and have acted in all manners throughout my life. Maturity is not an issue with me, and i find, the most people that have issues with maturity, are the IMATURE themselves. You being a 14 year old boy, just confirms my suspicions.

If i want to act childishly, then i will, i feel no shame about that, i will act and conduct myself any way i choose.

I dont consider my actions here childish, im venting my anger, and frustation at the morons ive wanted to have a go at for a long time now.

I'll repeat my previous statement.

Come back, with someting better than my creations, and i'll start giving you some respect.

Fuck, modesty.

Where are your amazing creations then xxxpetratxxx.

Lets see how much credibility and respect you can earn with your db creations.

Hmm, i think you might start feeling a little embarressed and ashamed now. If not, then you should.

Thats a typical reply from a snotty, nosed little 14 year old boy.

Come back, when youve had some life experience, then we'll talk shop.

I've no time for children here.

Masked.

Kohai of UWDesign
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 09:57
TMC >> you seen the smiley ? not ?

In fact, only You, knows the underlying of all this, and i was just trying cool everyone.

Btw, do like me, i skip all posts made by R.V. ! It makes my life so better ...

[Kohai]
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[url] [url]kohaistyle.com[url]
pIII 733/256 Ram/Geforce 256
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 14:32
What I find sad is that some people participate in this conversation with only one idea in mind....Burst things up...

If you can't bring any help,any point,,any constructive criticism and if all you want is others to flame people and encourage those to continue(I think by now this person should recognize itself),you're no better than a moronic lump of skin controlled by his reptilian brains...

This has gotten WAY out of track,Yarbles should delete it.

Peace,again.

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
dunno I think there a few more swear words left in the english language, only a few mind. Shame, it looks like The masked coder is well into his car physics too. That said if you said on a post, Replies welcome except from pathfinder, ild still post . Forum is open comment, Email is private.

Come on guys theres kids here too Havent seen this amount of swearing in any 18 film. Well maybe South Park

The masked coder, relax mate if you cant cope with certain people, just dont reply to them. Its better to learn to ignore people you cant stand because if you use that language infront of someone for real, things get broken.

Whats the point of so obviously trying to get banned?

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 18:17
Interesting - this has to be the best example of a perfectly normal thread sliding into insanity that I've ever seen. Sorry but time to lock it and throw away the key - I could delete it, but sometimes it's best to leave things like this, if only for future amusement at the fantastic immaturity displayed. One day I'll collect these into a book

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:07:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:07:32