Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Demo of Randomcity 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a demo of rc2. It's now a bit dated (4 days old) and i've added loads of extras since, like explodable and inteligent peds. Anyway, enjoy! Please post any comments, and again, thanks to Masked Coder.

http://www.vapournet.com/maskedcoder/hmm/
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
BTW, this was done in DB. I can't yet port it to DBPro, but when I do, so much more will be added, eg cities 4 times bigger!

hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Any comments? Suggestions?

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 19:30
man thats one great attempt at GTA using Darkbasic. love it, i'm planning a similar type of game later on, think i'm gonna keep yours as a refference. i'd suggest:

- when stealing a car, at least show the owner.
- it was obvious you rushed it, take your time, beef it up, look for better car models, human models, if you haven't got any, i'll give you some from darkmatter (with uv mapping so you can customise them) and buildings, trees, better ground textures, the road was ok).
- people walking around, the cars moving where good.
- when infront of a car, stop the car like in GTA (could be tricky).

apart from that, you got a great game there, physics was good, especially flying over that road hill and tumbling, classic, i kinda felt like i was playing GTA.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Most of that stuff has been sorted now. The owner of the cars are thrown out when you steel it (peds now in 3d). The peds walk around and you can explode 'em with a rocket launcher (limbs flying everywhere!).

btw, could you send me those models.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 20:23
The models are coming your way, tell me if you have recieved them, if not, i'll send them again

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 20:25
it said the e-mail add. originalcriminal@hotmail.com had permanent fatal errors, what e-mail add. should i use?

hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
tr@toconnor65.fsnet.co.uk

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 20:39
Thats is, they should be coming your way soon. there were many random models, i selected the ones that i thought would be suitable for your game there are high and lowe res types of each models and some of the models have 2 or more textures (edit the .3ds file and change the textures to use the others).

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:59
Downloading now. Seems to be taking ages though.

I hope it`s brighter than the last version!

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 17:11
Still a bit dark. I like the cars, but the people look like they`re made of sausages.

The car physics needs more work, but is much better than last time i played it, and the guy looks like he`s skating when he`s running, but overall good work. Also, why such a big file?

BTW you`ll be getting some competition soon, except my city will have zombies in. Yes, really.

Kohai of UWDesign
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 18:46
Hmmm ... not for Geforce user i think !!

Again, this stupid 'Static object' bug !

[Kohai]
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[url] [url]kohaistyle.com[url]
pIII 733/256 Ram/Geforce 256
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 04:08
well ... menu is quite sluggish (even for me!!)
but nevermind that i have a bigger problem, it takes about 20-30secs to load the game ... then what happens?
Oh all it does is flash some render and boom i'm on my desktop again

pitty sounded fun, but just can't run it - on any of my computers.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven Vegeta: Do you have a geforce card? Apparently this causes probs with static objects.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 20:34
i have a geforce card, no wonder i couldn't use static objects, whenever i made a static object it always messed up my entire scene, the objects where textured using the matrix texture, the matrix divided into 2, my characters waist vanished etc.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2002 01:46
i tried it on my GeForce2mx, GeForce3Ti, Quattro4 XGL, Savage4 Pro and even on my Banshee (which was a last resort) no joy on any of them.

usually with static objects that haven't been setup right it acts as if there is no render veiw - kinda like when you use no clip mode in Quake or Doom and go outside, you have an overlay render.

I've had static objects working from my own code before, which is why when most people make them i'm kinda baffled to why it causes that kinda problem.
But there is no problem with the render stuff, it just shows the scene for about a second and then quits the game entirely.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Juso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 15:49
I can see only people, cars, roads and huge yellow field - no buildings at all.

I have Geforce 2 MX.

Can you put ini-file with static=0 or static=1, so users can decide which they use.

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
This is one of the coolest things I've seen in db. It rocks. Is the city really random?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:48:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:48:31