Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / I need help with one more thing tonight....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:10
I have just re-done my code to see if it works but I can use Dark Basic because the time ran out and its a demo. Can someone please run the code while connected to the net. You only have to type a name and wait for 5 seconds. It will create a file on the net. You will be listed in my credits of the program that I am doing. Please post a message here when you have run the program. Thank you.
xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:20
Here you go: username TheCyborg_Test2

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:30
thank you friend!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 00:32
By the way, I am programming some code that can keep scores, messages, etc, on the net so if you have a game and you want it to save scores on the net, just say because this stuff that im doing is very complecated which means that not everyone will be doing it

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 09:47
That would be very cool, and sure I'm interrestet. But where does it store the scores on the net? Do I have to make my own FTP server?

TheCyborg Development.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:14
well, I have created a server already for scores and it has 25MB of webspace with it so dont worry about that! also, if you want you can get your own server but its complacated. Different scores are saved in different files. I am currently making someone 1 for scores and its quite easy to program with the code that I have already done. If you want to use this special code for messages, scores, etc, just e-mail on xxxpetratxxx@hotmail.com or just post in this forum.

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 14:17
Also, with the code that I have already posted, could you maybe run that program 3 or 4 times because I am checking to see if old data will stay in the online file and I cant run it from this computer . It doesnt require an exe, just run it from the DB browser and it will communicate with an online site. Thank you.

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice idea, but isnt this going to be damaged by some evil people. Cant people start uploading corrupted files. Maybe you can get somthing working via the net using server side asps. Not that therell ever exploited *cough*. maybe some kind person knows of a dll that could aid you in otherwise a very good venture.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:02
Well, good thinking but every program or game that uses this will have to use the code as an EXE so they wont get the ACTUAL code but they will get an EXE that they can use in their program with #include. No corrupted files can be uploaded because its impossible because im making sure it only uploads .dat and .txt files!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:03
I have my ways of protection...

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:30
And by the way, I can give people code as long as I dont tell them my password & username for my FTP and they use thier own site!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
what if they make a database.txt 25mb in size or slip a virus in

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
didnt you put your password and user name in the code snippet . Iam sure youll come up with somthing that will put a layer of protection in there somewhere . If you can get darkbasic to do url calls (dont ask me how) you could use a perl program that would do a similar thing without relying on people to ftp things to your site directly? Alot of web services give perl(cgi) ability free, free asp support is harder to find. Perl isnt hard to do either. Just a thought.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:51
By the way, that is my old FTP addres that i used, dont worry. and im putting a size restricter in the finished version and also viruses can not be actevated from .dat or .txt and if you try and upload any other type of file it will teriminate

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:53
So dont worry, I have encountered a few viruses on my Pc before so I know how to keep them off my sites

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:54
Oh, and the code that I uploaded is just one of the tests if goes through. Although now anyone can take that FTP that i gave the passord and username for, i dont care coz ive got a new 1!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:56
If anyone wats to speak about the net engine, i suggest you go to that forum of mine - http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=2466&b=10 - this is a forum next to it. That forum is about the special Net engine that I am currently creating. It doesnt only do scores, it can do anything with uploading to the net.

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 16:57
*wants

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Delta
Years of Service
User Offline
Didn't work for me

It ran but crashed out

Ahh it worked this time, Nice work,
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 17:24
thanks. lol

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 09:41
I will first run the code tonight.
BTW, i know how to create my own FTP. Thats not complicated, but it's expensive to do have a 24/7 connection with a 56kbps modem.

To make sure the upload will not get toooo big, you could make it only store the 25 best scores. People who only gets 5 points is not interresting for other people to look at.

TheCyborg Development.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 00:40
By the way, I have just updated my code and found a huge bug in it

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 10:36
Then post it.

TheCyborg Development.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 22:31
I cant because its got the new username in it, but i will edit it and post it in a day or 2 - im really busy

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:27:17