Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I alternate 1st and 3rd Person views?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I was just wondering how I can set up the camera to alternate between 3rd and 1st person viewpoint. I have done both sepeartely in the tutorials but no where does it show how to alternate.

Thanks for any and all help I can get!!!

DarrylKev

PS

By the way, how do I assign key commands to letter keys. I can't find this in the manual at all (unless I'm totally clueless, which has been know to happen according to the Mrs.)

DarrylKev
ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 17:29
1) camera views:
You have two different styles that you want to use, so you need to store the positional information for each. Call a camera function each frame to move to (or stay in) the view that is current. Here's some pseudo code for you:

For the second issue, it's not really a matter of 'assigning' keys. What you'll need to do is set up either a function or a flag for the intent of what each key is supposed to do. Then, when that key is pressed, you need to call the associated function or set the related flag.

For example:

Hope this helps. Cheers.
-ChipOne

-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:51:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:51:57