Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Need a little help with 3d platform type games..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Besides using matrix and such, I have a modeling program(3D Studio max) to make 3D objects and inverse them to make them look like levels but I have no clue if anyone has ever done it before.

If so.. I'm trying to make the object stop when it hits the edge of an inversed object but then again it gets stuck or goes all out of range. Could someone help me out on this?
ChakaChakaBoom
Years of Service
User Offline
ok here is what im talking about:

the other object(aka player) is inside this box for an example and the point is that the object cannot leave the inside of the inversed box. Like Descent style or 3D platform type games.

ChakaChakaBoom
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone?? Unless if you don't understand this question.

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 00:27
oooh, so you're saying that the object cannot leave the INSIDE of the box because the inside is hollow when you're inside it. The simplest thing would be to reverse the collision. something like

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 04:21
u could either convert the map to x format then to bsp

or u could align static objects against the walls but sometimes on geforce 2 cards it craps out.

u could assign a maximum area the player could traverse in with a small amount of maths but it should be used in conjuncton with other methods as that method isnt a total solution.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 04:32:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 04:32:49